Tuesday 17 December 2019

My J-Pop Collection 2019

For my J-Pop Collection round-up for 2019, I decided to take photos of each group within my collection because it seems my collection has grown quite a lot since last year. Managed to pick up a lot of singles and albums this year that were great collector items and even found some super rare finds! I got most of these from Yahoo Auctions in Japan and others from sites such as Tower Records or CDJapan. Like in my 2018 collection post, I'll be posting the list of the entire collection at the end along with links to any reviews I did of singles or albums this year. A fun addition to this years collection is that I'll name my favourite tracks from each groups Japanese releases that I own as there is usually a few tracks that stand out the most for me.

First off is Rainbow which was a group I became interested in this year and definitely way too late as they had long since disbanded. I don't have many of their Japanese releases just yet but I've focused on collecting an album first so I get more songs at once compared to buying a single. Here is Limited Edition B CD+DVD and Limited Edition C 2CD of their re-release of their only Japanese album Over The Rainbow. I really enjoyed this release and Rainbow really was a great group! The Japanese version of Gossip Girl would be my favourite track from these two releases.



For AOA Japanese wise, I only got one new addition which is the Limited Edition B CD+Photobook of their second Japanese single Like A Cat. I had been looking for this for a long time and finally found a cheap copy recently. It's nice that it has a similar design to the photobook versions of 胸キュン Mune Kyun as you can stack them together. Favourite songs from this lot would be 胸キュン Mune Kyun of course as well as the Japanese version of Elvis from the Like A Cat single.


MOMOLAND has had a rough year as a group and recently lost two members and I'm just waiting for Daisy to leave because we all know that's gonna happen. Only two new additions to MOMOLAND this year with the Limited Edition CD+DVD of The Best ~Korean Ver~ and the Limited Edition B CD+Calendar of I'm So Hot. Boy was The Best one hard to find as I have been looking for years and finally snagged one this year. I do actually use the calendar in the I'm So Hot release as well! I put the new member card up each month near one of my CD storage areas. I didn't bother getting their first Japanese album Chiri Chiri as the release didn't interest me and I had most of the tracks already. I'll get it in the future sometime when it's cheaper but the cover art is just so boring to me as I'm not a fan of logo designs. Top song would be BAAM as that's my top MOMOLAND song in general.


Another new group was added to the collection roster with TWICE finally joining the team with two singles. I've always been into the group's Japanese releases over their Korean ones and I'm in love with the Japanese version of Fancy. I'd have to say it's my favourite song of 2019 and I can always listen to even over and over again. So that's the main release I picked up the Regular CD edition of Breakthrough and it came in a set with the Regular CD Edition of Happy Happy.


Still going with the Crayon Pop collection with some new single additions this year! Got the Limited Edition CD+GOODS of Dancing All Night for super cheap as well as both PCSC Editions A & B. These were a great find as you rarely see the PCSC ones and even harder to find them in complete condition. I was super happy to find them as I was bummed about never finding them when the single first came out. My favourite song of the group's Japanese releases would be the Japanese version of Bar Bar Bar because who doesn't love the group's iconic song?



Started a dent in my Japanese T-ARA discography with a bunch of singles from the group. Have to be honest and say I'm not the biggest fan of cardboard style cases. I've never really been into them as the cardboard damages easily and they awkward to store compared to standard jewel cases. And I was surprised to see how many T-ARA releases have cardboard covers! It's pretty much most of them and you have to be careful to not let the discs fall out when you open or move them around. Top songs from these singles would be TARGET and Dangerous Love which is the B side of the Limited Edition C CD Edition of  バニスタ! Bunny Style!


Managed to track down the last editions I needed of Orange Caramel's self-titled Japanese album this year to complete the set. The aesthetics and designs of the album are just too gorgeous and look amazing together! Also picked up a few other singles with one being the CD+DVD (Live Edition) of やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma in yet another cardboard case. The thing I don't get about this particular single is every edition has a different design type which means you can't store them all nicely together. My favourite Orange Caramel Japanese song tends to change a lot depending on what mood I'm in, but this year I've really enjoyed the Japanese version of Bangkok City a lot so I'd say that would be my most played from the group.


Made another big dent in my KARA collection this year with the purchase of quite a few singles and albums. The albums were mainly other editions of ones I already had and the singles were all the releases from スピード アップ / ガールズ パワー Speed Up/Girls Power to フレンチキス French Kiss (minus the member versions). Hard to name my favourite song as I have so many from KARA as they are one of my ultimate groups. I'd rank all their main title Japanese songs as top contenders and バーン! バーン! ハートビート Burn! Burn! Heartbeat as my favourite B-side song.



Finally brought cases from my FLOWER singles!! So these aren't new additions and that I just wanted to share that I finally got cases to put the sleeves and CD's into. And they are the slim single cases too so they fit perfectly!


No new additions to my AFTERSCHOOL collection but it's always nice to look at as the group's has beautiful designs for their Japanese releases. Took photos of the albums and singles separately as the singles have trouble fitting all together in the frame. The Heaven singles always make me laugh because I have to explain to people how I own 10 editions of the same single and why that's not crazy. Top songs changes often because I love AFTERSCHOOL and all their releases. I'd rank the Japanese versions of Bang! and Diva pretty high then Dilly Dally and Miss Independent for the B-side songs.



This set was on the wishlist for this year and I can't I actually completed my CLC Japanese collection in one year! A big thanks to a sale at Tower Records giving me the chance to pick most of these up and the others I got through Yahoo Auctions. I just love the aesthetics of CLC's Japanese singles and they have the best lyrics booklets out of my collection. I have done a few reviews of チャミスマ Chamisma which I'll link in the list at the end and I'll hopefully finish off all the other single reviews next year. I'd say チャミスマ Chamisma and I Should Be So Lucky from the High Heels single would be my favourite songs.


Another Tower Records purchase for this year was Type A of CocoSori's debut and only Japanese single 愛しのマーメイド Itoshi no Mermaid. I already had Type B from when it first came out and Type A was on sale so I picked it up to complete the set. There's only two songs on this release so I'd say I love both of them.


It may have taken forever, but I finally completed my Japanese collection for Pungdeng-E. By some miracle, I tracked the final edition I needed of their Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay. Type A popped up online one day and it was a great price as well! Over the moon when I found it as I had never seen it anywhere before so now I have both editions of the single. My number one song from this set would be the Japanese version of ペチュポサム Baechu Bossam which is a total bop.


No new Kyary Pamyu Pamyu releases this year so just enjoy the same albums I had last year. I enjoyed quite a few of her new tracks this year such as 音ノ国 Oto no Kuni and きみがいいねくれたら Kimi ga Ii ne Kuretara. My favourite song from these two particular albums however would be にんじゃりばんばん Ninjari Bang Bang. 


Isn't APRIL such a cute group and I feel their Japanese single covers really reflect that. Shame the group hasn't done much in 2019 but I did love Oh! My Mistake which is an older release. Picked up a few editions of the group's first Japanese single TinkerBell and these were the Limited Edition CD+DVD, Regular Edition A CD Only and Regular Edition B CD Only. This single only has two songs on it and I quite like Yes Sir as I enjoy the Korean version of it.


Caught up a bit on my E-girls single collection this year as well as one new album addition. I finally have all their singles apart from Pain, Pain so that makes 22 in total in the CD Only editions and 1 CD+DVD edition which is ごめんなさいのKissing You. Hard to name my favourite E-girls songs as I have so many because they have an amazing discography but I'd have to say EG-ENERGY would be the best one for me this year. It's such an epic song and it was great to get the instrumental version of it on the シンデレラフィット Cinderella Fit single. Praise their company for giving us that because that's all I wanted from them this year. Also got the Limited Edition CD+DVD of Colorful Pop which was an earlier album I had yet to get from the group.




No new スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully releases for me this year so I just have the two CD Only editions of their singles. I didn't get the group's album that was released this year as it was pretty pricey but I love the cute drawing inspired artwork on the front cover. It reminds me of the Powerpuff Girls so much! Fave song would be the three tracks from the CALL ME NOW single as I enjoy listening to them all in a row.


One new release from Dream Ami in 2019 which you can probably guess from the different single design in the photo. Still annoys to this day that we didn't get a cardboard sleeve for this single and now it throws out the balance of my collection (sad face). I loved the cardboard sleeves as it was my favourite part of Ami's releases and give them a uniqueness along with the gorgeous single designs. I'd rank my top songs from Ami in no particular order as Good Goodbye, Alright! from the はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai single and 好きだって言って Lovefool - Sukidatte Itte -.


Last but not least is my first Red Velvet Japanese release! I brought the Limited Edition CD+Photobook edition of their first Japanese single #CookieJar. I started listening to the song on Spotify and fell in love with it so I just had to get the single. I managed to find a listing that included a HMV card with it so that was a nice addition. My favourite song would be #CookieJar of course as it's so perfectly Red Velvet.


So here is the list of all the items in my J-Pop Collection for 2019! I've linked all the review's I have done as well if you would like to check out more information about certain releases. For 2020, I don't really have a wishlist as I'm planning to take a break from buying J-Pop and K-Pop next year as I had such a big year this year. I will however be trying to post more reviews of my collection so if there is any singles or albums you would like to see a review on, let me know in the comments as I'd love to know if people wish to see certain titles.

  • AFTERSCHOOL - Playgirlz - CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Playgirlz - CD+DVD MV Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Dress To Kill - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - CD+DVD Type A
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - CD+DVD Type B
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Bang! - Type C CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD+DVD Type A
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD+DVD Type B
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Diva - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHHOL - Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD+DVD Because Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Rambling Girls/Because Of You - CD Only
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD MV Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD+DVD Live Edition
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven - CD+DVD
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Heaven -Mu-Mo 8CD Set
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Shh - CD+DVD
  • AFTERSCHOOL - Shh - CD Only
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+DVD Sexy Edition Type A
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+Photobook Sexy Edition Type B
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+DVD Cutie Edition Type A
  • AOA - 胸キュン Mune Kyun - CD+Photobook Cutie Edition Type B
  • AOA - Like A Cat - CD+Photobook Limited Edition Type B
  • AOA - 愛をちょうだい Ai Wo Choudai (Give Me Love feat. TAKANORI NISHIKAWA (T.M.Revolution) - CD+DVD Type A
  • AOA - RUNWAY - Type C CD+DVD (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • April - TinkerBell - CD+DVD Limited Edition
  • April - TinkerBell - Regular CD Only A
  • April - TinkerBell - Regular CD Only B
  • CLC - High Heels - CD Only Type A
  • CLC - High Heels - CD+DVD Type B
  • CLC - チャミスマ Chamisma - CD Only Type A
  • CLC - チャミスマ Chamisma - CD+DVD Type B
  • CLC - チャミスマ Chamisma - CD+DVD Type C
  • CocoSori - 愛しのマーメイド Itoshi no Mermaid - CD Type A
  • CocoSori - 愛しのマーメイド Itoshi no Mermaid - CD Type B
  • Crayon Pop - ラリルレ RaRiRuRe - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - ラリルレ RaRiRuRe - CD+DVD PCSC Edition A
  • Crayon Pop - ラリルレ RaRiRuRe - CD Only PCSC Edition B
  • Crayon Pop - Dancing All Night - CD+GOODS Limited Edition
  • Crayon Pop - Dancing All Night - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Crayon Pop - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Pop!Pop!Pop! - CD+DVD (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Crayon Pop - Pop In Japan DVD
  • Dream Ami - ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - トライ・エヴリシング Try Everything - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 好きだって言って Lovefool - Sukidatte Itte - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - 君のとなり Kimi no Tonari - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - アマハル Amaharu - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Wonderland - CD Only
  • Dream Ami - Good Goodbye - CD Only
  • E-girls - Lesson 1 - CD+DVD+Photobook (Taiwan Limited Edition)
  • E-girls - COLORFUL POP - CD+DVD+Photobook Limited Edition
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - CD+DVD (Taiwan Edition)
  • E-girls - E.G. Time - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. SMILE - E-girls Best - 2CD+3DVD-Photobook
  • E-girls - E.G. Crazy - 2CD+3DVD+Photobook
  • E-girls - Celebration! - CD Only
  • E-girls - One Two Three - CD Only
  • E-girls - Follow Me - CD Only
  • E-girls - THE NEVER ENDING STORY - CD Only
  • E-girls - CANDY SMILE - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD Only
  • E-girls - ごめんなさいのKissing You - CD+DVD
  • E-girls - クルクル Kurukuru - CD Only
  • E-girls - Diamond Only - CD Only
  • E-girls - E.G. Anthem ~ WE ARE VENUS~ - CD Only
  • E-girls - おどるポンポコリン Odoru Ponpokorin - CD Only
  • E-girls - Highschool♡Love - CD Only
  • E-girls - Mr. Snowman - CD Only
  • E-girls - Anniversay!! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Dance Dance Dance - CD Only
  • E-girls - MerryxMerry Xmas ★ - CD Only
  • E-girls - EG summer RIDER - CD Only
  • E-girls - Pink Champagne - CD Only
  • E-girls - Go! Go! Let's Go! - CD Only
  • E-girls - Love☆Queen - CD Only
  • E-girls - 北風と太陽 Kitakaze to Taiyou - CD Only
  • E-girls - あいしてると言ってよかった Aishiteru to Itte Yokatta - CD Only
  • E-girls - シンデレラフィット Cinderella Fit - CD Only
  • Flower - リグレット SAKURA Regret - CD Only
  • Flower - ワスレナグサ  forget-me-not ~Wasurenagusa~ - CD Only
  • Flower - 熱帯魚の涙 Nettaigyo no Namida  - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 秋風のアンサ Akikaze no Answer  - LImtied CD Pressing
  • Flower - ~ さよなら、アリス / TOMORROW ~しあわせの法則~ - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - Blue Sky Blue - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - 瞳の奥の銀河 Hitomi no Oku no Milky Way - Limited CD Pressing
  • Flower - やさしさで溢れるように Yasashisa de Afureru You ni - One Coin CD
  • KARA - ガールズトーク Girls Talk - CD Only Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スーパーガール Super Girl - CD+DVD Type A (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スーパーガール Super Girl - CD Only Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スーパーガール Super Girl Special Japan Tour Special Edition - CD+DVD
  • KARA - ガールズ フォーエバー Girls Forever - CD+DVD Type A (Taiwan Edition)
  • KARA - ガールズ フォーエバー Girls Forever - CD+DVD Type A
  • KARA - ガールズ フォーエバー Girls Forever - CD+Photobook Type B
  • KARA - ガールズ フォーエバー Girls Forever - CD Only Type C
  • KARA - ファンタスティックガールズ Fantastic Girls - CD+DVD+GOODS Limited Edition A
  • KARA - ファンタスティックガールズ Fantastic Girls - CD+DVD Limited Edition B
  • KARA - ガールズストーリー Girl's Story - CD+DVD Type B (Taiwan First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - Best Girls - 2CD Type C (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - ジャンピン Jumping - CD+DVD
  • KARA - ジェットコースターラブ Jet Coaster Love - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - スピード アップ / ガールズ パワー Speed Up/Girls Power - CD+DVD Type A
  • KARA - スピード アップ / ガールズ パワー Speed Up/Girls Power - CD+DVD Type B
  • KARA - スピード アップ / ガールズ パワー Speed Up/Girls Power - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - エレクトリックボーイ Electric Boy - CD+DVD Limited Edition A
  • KARA - エレクトリックボーイ Electric Boy - CD+Photobook Limited Edition B
  • KARA - エレクトリックボーイ Electric Boy - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - バイバイ ハッピーデイズ!Bye Bye Happy Days! - CD+DVD Type A
  • KARA - バイバイ ハッピーデイズ!Bye Bye Happy Days! - CD+DVD Type B
  • KARA - バイバイ ハッピーデイズ!Bye Bye Happy Days! - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - サンキュー サマーラブ Thank You Summer Love - CD+DVD Limited Edition
  • KARA - サンキュー サマーラブ Thank You Summer Love - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - フレンチキス French Kiss CD+DVD Limited Edition
  • KARA - フレンチキス French Kiss CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - フレンチキス French Kiss - CD+DVD Limited Ji Young Version
  • KARA - Mamma Mia! - CD+DVD Type A (First Press Limited Edition)
  • KARA - The 3rd Japan Tour 2014 Karasia 2DVD Limited Edition
  • KARA - KARA SPECIAL PREMIUM BOX FOR JAPAN
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu  - ぱみゅぱみゅレボリューション PAMYUPAMYU Revolution - CD Only (Hong Kong Edition)
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - ピカピカふぁんたじん Pika Pika Fantajin- CD Only (Australian Edition)
  • MOMOLAND - The Best ~Korean Ver~ - CD+DVD Limited Edition
  • MOMOLAND - BBoom BBoom - CD+Photobook Limited Edition B (First Press)
  • MOMOLAND - BAAM - Regular CD Only (First Press)
  • MOMOLAND - I'm So Hot - CD+Calendar Limited Edition B
  • Orange Caramel - やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma - CD+Photobook (Taiwan Edition)
  • Orange Caramel - やさしい悪魔 Yasashii Akuma - CD+DVD Live Edition
  • Orange Caramel - ラムのラブソング Lipstick/Lum no Love Song - CD+DVD Lum no Love Song Edition
  • Orange Caramel - ラムのラブソング Lipstick/Lum no Love Song - CD Only (First Press Limited Edition)
  • Orange Caramel - ORANGE CARAMEL - CD+DVD Variety Edition(Hong Kong Edition)
  • Orange Caramel - ORANGE CARAMEL - CD+DVD MV Edition
  • Orange Caramel - ORANGE CARAMEL - CD Only Edition
  • Pungdeng-E - Pungdeng-E 1st Japanese Album Ppi Ppi Ppa Ppa
  • Pungdeng-E - Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay - CD Type A
  • Pungdeng-E - Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay - CD Type B
  • QBS - 風のように Kaze no You ni - CD+DVD Limited Edition
  • QBS - 風のように Kaze no You ni - CD Regular Edition
  • Rainbow - Over The Rainbow Special Edition - Limited Edition CD+DVD Type B 
  • Rainbow - Over The Rainbow Special Edition - Limited Edition 2CD Type C
  • Red Velvet - 1st Japanese Mini Album #CookieJar - CD+Photobook Limited Edition
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - OH BOY - CD Only
  • スダンナユズユリー SudannaYuzuYully - CALL ME NOW - CD Only
  • T-ARA - Lovey Dovey CD+DVD
  • T-ARA - Sexy Love - CD+DVD Type A
  • T-ARA - Sexy Love - CD+DVD Type B
  • T-ARA - Sexy Love - CD Only
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD+DVD Limited Edition A
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD+DVD Limited Edition B
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD+DVD Limited Edition C
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD Only (Boram Version)
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD Only (Ji Yeon Version)
  • T-ARA - バニスタ! Bunny Style! - CD Only (Qri Version)
  • T-ARA - TARGET - CD+DVD Limited Edition 
  • T-ARA - TARGET - CD Regular Edition B
  • TWICE - HAPPY HAPPY - Regular CD Edition
  • TWICE - Breakthrough - Regular CD Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment