Wednesday 25 December 2019

JB Hi-Fi Haul - Blackpink, Girls Generation & TWICE

Over the last few months, I've picked up a few K-Pop releases at a local entertainment retailer here in Australia. JB Hi-Fi has starting stocking a small range of Korean releases this year due to the popularity of the genre in the west. It's mainly boy groups honestly as all I really see are BTS and GOT7 in most stores. Blackpink is the only girl group I've seen the most so I brought all their releases I could source as well as some TWICE and Girls Generation which I had to order in.


First off is TWICE's 7th Mini Album - Fancy You which I got in Type C as it was only available as a random cover. Would've loved to have gotten all three versions but I don't think the supplier was thinking the same as me and all the copies that my store got in were all Type C. I can totally see why people like collection TWICE releases as you get so many goodies! I love the range of photocards and whilst I'm not a huge collector, it was amazing getting five cards in one mini album. The main one I wanted to get was a Jihyo card which I did happen to get so yay. The Fancy You mini album is huge and I was quite surprised at how large the photobook is. I have to store it with my Japanese magazines and books as it won't fit in my usual K-pop storage area.








Next up is an older release which is Girls Generation's repackage MR. TAXI album from 2011. Almost a decade ago for this release! I mainly got this for my collection as I have it digitally already but not in physical. Most of these tracks are on the American release of The Boys which I've had for a long time.



Onto Blackpink which is a set of three mini albums which is pretty much their only available Korean physical releases. Whilst I'm not a hardcore follower of the group, I do enjoy their music and picked these up as I will collect any girl group releases. I got the pink version of their 1st Mini Album - SQUARE UP and both black and pink versions of their 2nd Mini Album - KILL THIS LOVE. Incredibly impressed by the contents of all these releases and you get so many goodies. The SQUARE UP one is my favourite as I love the design and packaging of this release. I'm not a fan of boring cardboard style box ones like the KILL THIS LOVE set. You can see the spread of all the items I got with all the mini albums and I got some new photocards for my colllection.






That's all for my JB Hi-Fi Haul in regards to K-Pop! I do get a lot of western CD's from there which I usually share in my Monthly Favourite posts. I wish JB's would get a wider range of Korean releases in their stores as it's always just boy groups. I'm surprised they don't stock popular groups like TWICE or Red Velvet as they tend to be the more popular ones here. I had to order Fancy You in and was surprised to see it was the only TWICE title available for import.

No comments:

Post a Comment