Sunday 8 September 2019

MOMOLAND I'm So Hot (Japanese Version) - Single Review (Limited Edition Type B CD+Desktop Calendar)

After what seems like forever, I finally brought a copy of MOMOLAND's recent Japanese single I'm So Hot. I picked up Type B of the single recently from CDJapan which is my new favourite online store for Japanese releases. This particular edition of the single comes with some exciting goodies so let's take a look shall we?

MOMOLAND I'm So Hot Limited Edition Type B CD+Desktop Calendar
I'm So Hot is MOMOLAND's third Japanese single and it was released in May 2019. The single comes in three editions: Limited Type A CD+DVD, Limited Type B CD+Desktop Calendar and Regular CD Only Edition. I purchased the Type B edition which was the version I wanted to get as it had my favourite cover and design. The Limited Edition Type B edition comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 4 Track Single
  • Two jewel cases - One for the CD and one for the calendar
  • OBI Strip
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Event Ticket (First Press Only)
  • 12-Month Desktop Calendar (Six cards in total)


Now I'm all about this pink and aesthetic with this single design! It looks so stylish and pretty. The front cover has a photo of the group in various sitting poses. Now if you've read my other MOMOLAND posts and don't follow the group, you may notice there is only 7 members in this single and not the normal 9 members. I'm So Hot is a release in which Daisy and Taeha didn't participate and we are yet to know of their disappearance other than the standard 'sitting out due to personal and health reasons excuse. But more on that later as we shall take a look at the back cover of the single. Another gorgeous photo of the girls in the same outfits and some track listing information along the bottom.





Because the Type B edition includes two jewel cases, you get a larger sized OBI strip! Now I love my OBI strips but the large ones stump me. The only ones I've had so far have been with albums I've kept the plastic on and they are usually a DVD sized shape so I don't stack them with my normal CD's. Recently I've gotten this one and a Crayon Pop one which is giant so no idea about where I'm going to store these.


Inside the jewel case of the CD, you will find the CD of course! It has this stunning dark pink tone to the CD and a nice design of the group logo and single title. It's very on-point with the groups previous two Japanese releases and not too over the top with the design. You will also find the standard lyrics booklet as well as an event ticket if you got a First Press copy. Just your normal boring lyrics booklet design and nothing like the amazing ones in CLC's Japanese mini albums.







Now onto the desktop calendar which is the highlight of the Type B edition. I've never understood calendar editions of Japanese and Korean releases. Like you can't use the calendar past the year it's created for and it's a bit useless when you buy the single years after release. The calendar runs from May 2019 until April 2020 and is spread across six double sided cards. All the cards fit into a jewel case which kinda reminds me of the old single style ones from the early 2000's I used to buy to replace broken cases on my second-hand singles. One group photo is included and the other months have solo photos of the members in two different concept outfits. Here are photos of each month of the calendar.
















This single is the Japanese version of I'm So Hot which was promoted in Korea shortly before this release. Honestly I prefer the Japanese version which is strange as I'm usually more inclined to pick the Korean version of the group's songs if given the option to listen to both versions. I wasn't the biggest fan of this song compared to the masterpiece that is BAAM which is still my top MOMOLAND song. I didn't really like the Korean version but once I heard the Japanese version, I was on board with it. The first part of the song is my favourite up until after the rap break, I feel that's the strongest part of the song for me. The single also includes the Japanese version of Curious as well as the accompanying instrumentals for both songs.

  1. I'm So Hot [Japanese Version]
  2. Curious [Japanese Version]
  3. I'm So Hot [Japanese Version ] (Instrumental)
  4. Curious [Japanese Version] (Instrumental)


Here are the covers for the other two editions of the single which are Limited Edition Type A and Regular CD Only Edition. With Type A, you get a DVD containing the MV for the song and it's making of. Th regular CD Only Edition has nothing special to it and one of those boring standard CD Only versions made for collectors.

Limited Edition Type A CD+DVD

Regular CD Only Edition
Overall I'm happy with this single and the edition I purchased. It has a fun aesthetic and fun songs to match. I just wish the girl's company would make a statement regarding what's going on with the group. It's great that they recently talked about Yeonwoo and her struggles and why she's been absent from recent promos including the group's Japanese album. But why have they made statement's about her so easily but not a word on Daisy or Taeha for months! I just want to know if they are in or out! Crossing my fingers they come back for the next Korean comeback like the company said otherwise if not, I'm pretty sure the girls are out of the group. This terrible management has really turned me off the group in recent months and hopefully we won't lose anymore members before the next comeback.

I picked my copy of I'm So Hot up from CDJapan which is my new site for purchasing Japanese singles and albums from. It was the standard price for a Japanese release and I brought it brand new. I didn't buy the groups 1st Japanese album Chiri Chiri which was released this week as I tend to not buy Japanese albums brand new when I own nearly all the songs from the singles. Will most likely get the Limited Edition CD+DVD in the future, I just wish the cover was more interesting than a boring fruit themed font. I hate covers with logos or blank space, give me photos for all that Japanese Yen please! Anyway, here's the MV for I'm So Hot and it's also on Spotify if you wish to stream this bop!

No comments:

Post a Comment