Saturday 14 September 2019

Pungdeng-E プンデンイ Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay - Single Review (Type A Edition)

The final piece in the Pungdeng-E Japanese discography series is finally here to complete my collection. Well I did actually get this a little while ago, I've just had time to finally write a review of the single. This is the Type A Edition of Pungdeng-E's debut Japanese single 側にいて Stay and boy is it hard to get hold of. It took me over a year to find the Type B edition (which you can find my review of here!) and then months later I finally found the Type A edition. Here is the single in all it's beauty and hilarious spelling errors.

Pungdeng-E プンデンイ Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay
 側にいて Stay is Pungdeng-E's 1st and so far only Japanese single. THe group has only released this single in two editions and a Japanese debut album. They have stacks of promo in Japan but never really release anything which is disappointing. 側にいて Stay comes in two editions: Type A and Type B. It's one of those fun releases that you can only get at events the group holds in certain stores in Japan. I brought both my editions from private sellers in Japan who would've brought them at the events. The Type A edition is exactly the same as Type B and just has a different cover and design. It comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 4 Track single
  • Jewel case
  • Lyrics booklet

Pungdeng-E プンデンイ Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay
 Compared to the fun and quirky design of Type B, Type A has a cute maid theme to the single. It has each member in a maid outfit to match their corresponding colour (Red, Yellow & Blue). The single has photos on both the front and back cover and the design layout is the same as Type B. The four tracks on the single are listed on the back along with production credits.

Pungdeng-E プンデンイ Japan 1st Single 側にいて Stay






The interior of the single is just stunning and features this beautiful pink tone and is much more interesting than Type B. I personally prefer this design for the interior as I love my pastel tones for CD designs. The CD has the group's beetle logo of course and the group's logo is behind the CD if you pull the CD out of the case. The design of the lyrics booklet is cuter in Type A with a little border along the top and bottom of the pages. Same lyrics and production credits as the other edition so nothing really new here.







Now onto my absolute favourite thing ever about this single and that is the hilarious spelling error on the CD spine. It says Tapy A instead of Type A which just makes me laugh every time I see it on my CD shelf. Like how did this happen? It's even on the other edition as Tapy B! One of the group's Korean releases has another great spelling mistake on it with it saying '4nd Album' instead of 4th album (I've reviewed that one here!). The quality control is just out the window with this group and I love it.

側にいて Stay Type A & Type B

So here are the two glorious editions side by side and I can't believe I managed to find both editions. Took nearly two years but here we are! I think it was pure luck honestly and I did happen to buy both of these really cheap as well which makes it even better. I do wish the group would release more Japanese material as I'd love to get all their songs in Japanese. Some have been done like Reversal but I'm waiting for Al-Tang and Jal-Tang. But honestly I don't know what's happening with the group. Red hasn't performed with the group for a long time and doesn't appear on their twitter. I've seen them mention she won't be present due to illness or something whenever they post an event or performance schedule. Like did she leave or is just taking an extended break? We haven't had any new material since Supermarket which was nearly a year ago. Sigh, between this and MOMOLAND, I just can't follow k-pop groups anymore. I'm getting too old for this haha! I just wish companies would be more upfront with whether members are still part of the group or not.

側にいて Stay Type A & Type B

側にいて Stay Type A & Type B


No comments:

Post a Comment