Saturday 13 October 2018

April Bonbon Challenge

A few months ago, I posted a Retrobeat Challenge for New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star which was a fun challenge revolving around outfits based off items from the Retrobeat brand. I thought it was time to create some new outfits from another brand in the game. Today we'll be looking at the lively and fun brand, April Bonbon!

Rules of the April Bonbon Challenge are as follows:
  • Only items from the April Bonbon brand can be used.
  • Any style can be used - not just psychedelic.
  • Interpret the theme prompts as you like ❤

Presenting the seven themes of the April Bonbon Challenge:
  1. Pyjama Time
  2. Summertime
  3. Animal Print
  4. Over The Rainbow
  5. Hit The Slopes
  6. Headphones
  7. A Different Image
Now that we've got the basics covered, here are my seven outfits for the April Bonbon Challenge!

Pyjama Time
I came up with this outfit idea as these new dresses from April Bonbon remind me so much of nighties. You always see clothing like this in the sleepwear section at Kmart and Big W here. I can never take them seriously as dresses so I thought they were perfect for sleepwear! The fluffy uggboots finally came to good use and they match the colour palette of the dress quite well.





Summertime
Oh boy do I wish it was summer already. It's currently Spring but the weather is taking forever to warm up and we're having more storms than we did in winter. Summer is one of my favourite seasons as you can finally wear cooler clothes and not a billion layers. For the summer themed outfit, I went with a green, orange and yellow colour scheme. I've always liked these shorts with the braces from April Bonbon and it matches well with the inner.






Animal Print
For this look, I went with one of the cute bear patterned outers from the brand. These are just too cute! I think the blue tone matches well with the bright yellow. And I even found sneakers that matched! There are so many sneakers in the game that I just never use as they never colour match perfectly. Trying out some new hairstyles with this challenge and went with a bright yellow short trim to match the outfit.





Over The Rainbow
Can we all just agree these fluffy outers from April Bonbon are one of the best new items in Styling Star? They are just stunning and so crazy looking. They always look great in lively or psychedelic themed outfits. I went with a pale pastel rainbow colour scheme for this look and pastel hair to match. Love these new dotty slides from April Bonbon as well, they work so well with lighter toned looks.





Hit The Slopes
Time for a sporty look because April Bonbon is now home to quite a lot of items from the defunct Streetflow brand. I thought a ski outfit would be fun for the challenge and would allow me to try and finally use a beanie item. I just never use these! Even at the boutique! This one matches quite well with the stylish ski outfit. These track pants from April Bonbon are quite nice, I bet they're super comfy (I'd love a pair for real life). Finally used a scarf as well, not a big of fan as I tend to use necklaces more.





Headphones
Since April Bonbon is one of the only two brands to receive new headphone items, I thought it would be perfect to build an outfit based around them. I went with this geeky style look featuring my favourite pair of pants from the brand. Love these long sleeve crop style jackets with the denim look. I really like them but rarely use them as I find the crop look doesn't go well with the inners I try to sell with them. But it looks great in this outfit!





A Different Image
For this, all you have to do is create an outfit based around a image that isn't April Bonbon's main image - lively. I went with girly as the brand has some cute pastel themed items that are perfect for girly looks. These gingham print tops are stylish, I used to love them in Fashion Forward. April Bonbon has a lot of nice tops in this style and this pink one matched the white tee to complete the look.





1 comment:

  1. I used to hate April Bonbon as well but I think the brand has improved a lot in Styling Star. Maybe the new graphics make the items look better, sounds strange but that's what I thought about the brand.

    ReplyDelete