Saturday 20 October 2018

One Item Challenge - Raven Candle

Haven't posted one of these in a while since I was doing the 30 Day Cosplay Challenge last month, so I thought it was time for another One Item Challenge. This time, I shall be taking on the gothic and spooky brand Raven Candle. I decided to go with a all black pannier skirt from the brand as it would be the most versatile item to use with other images. Here's a picture of the Rose and Ribbon skirt from Raven Candle that I will be using as my one item.


Gothic
First off is the matching image to the skirt: gothic. Used one of the new jackets to the brand for Styling Star as they are my top new items in the game. I just love the embellishments on the jacket and stylish gold buttons.




Lively
I like to call this look 'Minnie Mouse' as that was the inspiration for the outfit. I wasn't sure at first how to match a gothic item to the lively theme as they are complete opposites of each other. Then when I selected this polka dot t-shirt, I was suddenly reminded of Minnie Mouse's outfits in Disney Magical World so I went along with it.



Eastern
I have to admit this is the first time I've used a hair piece of both sides of the head. I've never really done it before but it just matched this eastern look perfectly. Went with a red and black colour scheme with some hints of yellow. 






Basic
Honestly no one will ever dress like this outfit. It's nor basic or gothic. I don't think these two styles go well together when this skirt is used. Threw on a scarf because why not and I never use them. This outfit would be a least favourite of the challenge, thumbs down.



Girly
Now this look actually came out more Baby-Doll than girly. It's just too perfect! I love how the criss-crosses on the socks match the pom-poms on the outer and beret. This outfit was a success and definitely one of my faves.



Psychedelic
This outfit turned out super cute and fun. The green tones blend well against the black tones in the gothic skirt and black of the quirky items from Retrobeat. Quite a few items in this outfit are ones I've never really used so it was good practice to experiment trying out new looks. The more I look at this outfit, the more I'm totally into it.



Baby-Doll
I went for a simple outfit for the Baby-Doll look and used this adorable bear coordinate in the black print. Whatever designer put this int he game, thank you because it's one of the few sets from Marble Lily that doesn't look overly busy and all the matching pieces complement each other.



Glam/Flirty
Hmm I'm not sure pannier skirts work for glam style outfits. The flashy over the top look of glam doesn't match the elegance of gothic lolita. Oh well, the leopard looks cool.



Bold
Should these two styles be mixed? Maybe, just not using a pannier skirt. I went for an outfit that would be suitable for a dinner with friends. I've really been into these floral print inners and pants from AZ-USA so I wanted to use one of them to give the outfit a bit of flare.



Sporty
At first I was wondering how I could make a pannier skirt work for a sporty outfit as it's poofs out a fair bit and wouldn't be the most suitable item for sporting activities. I decided to cheat a little and put on an inner that would deflate the skirt. It totally worked as the fullness of the skirt has been decreased a bit and the overall look is a bit more casual.



Rock
Red was the focus colour for this outfit and I finally used those silly arm gloves from Stage Dive. I don't get these things, didn't they go out of fashion like in the early 2000's? I remember having a pair and they weren't that comfortable to wear. Perfect for when your friend says they have party in winter and make you sit outside. I still don't understand why people do this. I get invited to a lot of housewarming parties and they always make you sit outside on their tiny cement porch. Like you got a house, at least let us sit in it because it's freezing outside.



Chic
This outfit is 100% stylish! The black skirt worked amazingly with the sophisticated items of Enid Chen. Love this check print coat, you can just imagine the glitter off it. Went all out with the black tones for this chic look and I think it came together quite nicely. Looks perfect with the fancy restaurant background as well.



Feminine
So this outfit and the girly one would be my top outfits from the challenge. This one is so elegant and gorgeous. I just had to use a peter pan collar style inner as they are my go-to item in the game and in real-life. These boater hats from Chorale are stunning and are always a nice addition to a coordinate.



Preppy
I kinda struggled with this one, I just couldn't decide on a final look. In the end, I tried using some items I rarely use which was this vest style thing. I just never use this type of item from Brooke Bridge or many other brands that have them. Maybe they just look odd to me or something. 



Purple Moon
The maid outfit from Purple Moon was perfect for this skirt. I actually prefer this style of skirt to the actual one in the outfit set. It looks more stylish on the body and creates a beautiful silhouette. 



That's all for the Raven Candle One Item Challenge. Some of the outfits were a hit and others were a big miss. It just seems that pannier skirts don't go with everything and maybe should stick to Lolita coordinates. What was your favourite outfit from the challenge, let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you liking the outfits, I wasn't too sure on them myself. Love your interpretation of the skirt shape, it works wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete