Monday 30 December 2019

My K-Pop Collection 2019

Time to round-up my K-Pop collection for 2019 and I picked up a few new and old releases for my collection. It's a mixture of new and second hand titles through sites such as YesAsia and Yahoo Auctions. I will be sharing photos by group just like in my J-Pop Collection 2019 post as it's easier to take photos that way.

First up is Crayon Pop which has been a love of mine for many years now and I've slowly been building my collection over the years. Mainly collected Japanese releases from the group this year but I hit the jackpot and did find a copy of the groups Bing Bing single which is quite rare! I was excited to find this as you never see copies of it around and the photobook reminds me so much of that particular era of the group. Way recently posted a video to her Youtube channel where her and the girls react to videos of Dancing Queen and it was such fun to watch. I had so many good memories of my early days in K-pop from watching it. Hard to decide my favourite song from Crayon Pop as I love them all but I'd say Dancing Queen for today as I'm feeling nostalgic.



Up next is the mess of a group that is MOMOLAND! I only got their 2nd Mini Album - Freeze! this year and didn't bother with Show Me as I wasn't too interested in it. I love the packaging of Freeze as it's the same size as Fun To The World and they look great stacked together. I believe Show Me is the same size as well so Great! is the odd one out from recent releases and won't match size wise. Welcome To Momoland still has the best design and photobook for me. Favourite song would be BAAM of course and I'm interested to hear their new song when it comes out in a few days. Also can MLD just announce what's going on with Daisy jeez.



Feels like forever ago that I got a new WJSN album which was their 1st Mini Album - Would You Like? Another beautiful release from the group and this shade of pink is to die for! I got this right at the start of this year from eBay so no wonder it seems like a billion years. My favourite song from WJSN in regards to these three releases would be the Chinese version of Mo Mo Mo as I love Chinese versions of songs and it sounds so cute in the language.




The top three items in the below photo are the new titles I added to my Orange Caramel collection in 2019. Got these from Yahoo Auctions. From left to right the titles are the 2nd Mini Album, 2nd Single - Shanghai Romance and 1st Single - Bangkok City. One thing I love about Orange Caramel's Korean releases is that they have the same pose on the covers. I appreciate attention to detail such as things like this and gives the group a unique feel. As if Orange Caramel could be anymore unique! Hard to pick a favourite song but I'd say I enjoy My Copycat quite a lot in 2019.



Two quick ones here with one new title and one old one. First up is myB with their 2nd Single - 또또 DDODOO. This single has a cute design and I'll try to post a review of it early next year as it has a nice photobook. Second photo is of a T-ARA mini album I already had but included in my collection. I got this years ago at Morning Glory which sadly closed forever a few months ago. I loved that shop and had been going there for over a decade and probably longer than that! It had the best stationery and I loved picking up K-Pop releases from there every now and then. Favourite songs from these two would be the title track 또또 DDODDO and the Chinese version of So Crazy.





Can't have a collection post with a KARA collection photo! Picked up a few early releases from the group and these actually came from the KARA SPECIAL PREMIUM BOX FOR JAPAN which I got from Yahoo Auctions. So it's kinda a Korean item but I included it in my J-Pop Collection post as you get the bonus CD with Japanese versions of their earlier songs. Top songs from all of these titles would be Break It, Mister and Wanna. It's hard to pick favourite songs from KARA as I love them all!



No new Afterschool items this year so just enjoy this lovely photo of my three releases from the group. Man I'm still happy I got Lizzy's version of the 6th Maxi Single. How lucky was that? i.o.i also didn't have any new items this year for obvious reasons as there is nothing else I want from the group. Favourite songs from these picks would be Virgin from Afterschool's 1st Album - Virgin and Crush from i.o.i's 1st Mini Album - Chrysalis.





Here are some brand new purchases to my collection which are some Blackpink releases/ Make sure to check out my recent JB Hi-Fi Haul to check out more detail photos of these Blackpink mini albums. I found these in store and I would've loved to have gotten the black version of SQUARE UP as well but couldn't track one down. Top song would be 뚜두뚜두 DDU-DU DDU-DU from the SQUARE UP mini album and the hidden track 마지막처럼 As If It’s Your Last which can be found on the same mini album.



Another JB Hi-Fi purchase was Girls Generation's repackage MR. TAXI album which I got ordered in. I mainly got this for my physical Girl Generation collection as I have most of their stuff digitally but wanted to start collecting the physical copies. Nice design of this album and the packaging is a nice size to fit with other albums and singles. Favourite songs from this bunch would be Trick which can be found on both The Boys and MR. TAXI.


Hong Jin Young finally released her first album this year and I got that one from YesAsia. Lots Of Love has a beautiful design and nice packaging. Whilst the aesthetics and concept of her previous mini album I own is my personal favourite of the two, Lots Of Love has a wonderful photobook with great snaps of the trot singer. Favourite song would be Love Battery of course as it's a timeless classic.


Hit the jackpot recently and found copies of Pungdeng-E's first two mini albums on Yahoo Auctions and they were in a set as well! Even better! I had been looking for these two for a while but they are pretty pricey. Found a seller that had these two as a set and I've brought from them before so I knew they would be in good condition. I love how they have the same packaging design as their 4th Album - Stay so they can all be stacked together. Only missing their third release now which I haven't come across just yet for a decent price. There isn't actually many songs between these three titles as there is a lot of repeat tracks. I'd say 알탕 Al-Tang is my favourite song from the girls Korean release wise.


Quick run through some items that appeared last years collection post and these are releases from Nature, CocoSori, Red Velvet and AOA. Nature has had a good year release wise and a few member changes as well. CocoSori disbanded this year ending up with only a few releases and I only have one Korean one from them so far. Red Velvet's new songs from 2019 didn't really take my interest as their current sound isn't something I'm too fond of. Their Japanese stuff was pretty good though as I really enjoyed their mini album #CookieJar. Top songs from these releases would be 너의 곁으로 Allegro Cantabile, Static Electricity, Oh Boy and Bing Bing.








This single from April was something I got way back at the start of 2019 along with the WJSN mini album. It's the groups 2nd Single - MAYDAY and I love this single! The packaging is the perfect size, the concept is amazing and the songs are great. Plus it's the same size as the group's 1st Single - BOING BOING so they look great next to each other. Muah! from the 1st single would be my favourite song from these two and I'm looking forward to their next comeback as I quite liked Oh! My Mistake.



Last one to round out the collection and it's Fancy You from TWICE. I got this one from JB Hi-Fi and could only get one version unfortunately. Love this one though as I got a great selection of photocards and extras which you can check out in my haul post. One day in the future I'd love to collect more releases from TWICE, probably their Japanese ones first as I enjoy their Japanese stuff more. But the group sure does have great photobooks for their Korean releases! I haven't had a chance just yet to listen to the entire mini album so I'll just say Fancy is my favourite track from this.



And that's it for my 2019 K-Pop Collection post! As I said in my J-Pop one, I won't be buying many releases next year as I'd like a break. I did get some vouchers for Christmas so I might pick up a few things in the next week or two that I've been eyeing off. I will try to post more K-Pop reviews of my collection in 2020 as I would love to start getting through my collection and share the lovely contents of these releases. Here is the full list of my K-Pop collection along with links to all the reviews I've done of titles:
  • Afterschool - Virgin 
  • Afterschool - Happy Pledis - The First Single Hazel Eyes
  • Afterschool - Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) - The 6th Maxi Single (Lizzy Version)
  • AOA - Vol 1 - Angel's Knock (Taiwan Version A)
  • April - Single Album Vol 1 - Boing Boing
  • April - Single Album Vol 2 - MAYDAY
  • Blackpink - 1st Mini Album - SQUARE UP (Pink Version)
  • Blackpink - 2nd Mini Album - KILL THIS LOVE (Pink Version)
  • Blackpink - 2nd Mini Album - KILL THIS LOVE (Black Version)
  • CocoSori - Mini Album Volume 2 - Mi Amor
  • Crayon Pop - 2nd Album - Bing Bing
  • Crayon Pop - 4th Single Album - Bar Bar Bar
  • Crayon Pop - Mini Album - Streets Go Disco (Australian Version)
  • Crayon Pop - Single Album - Uh-Ee
  • Crayon Pop - 2015 Mini Album Volume 2 - FM
  • Crayon Pop - Evolution Pop_Vol.1
  • Girls Generation - 2011 Girls Generation Tour (2CD + Photobook)
  • Girls Generation - The Boys (US Version)
  • Girls Generation - MR. TAXI (Repackage)
  • Girls Generation - Party Single
  • Hong Jin Young - Mini Album Vol 2 - The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
  • Hong Jin Young - 1st Album - Lots Of Love
  • I.O.I - Mini Album Volume 1 - Chrysalis (Special Edition)
  • I.O.I - Single Album - Whatta Man
  • I.O.I - Mini Album - Miss Me?
  • KARA - The First Bloooooming
  • KARA - Revolution
  • KARA - 1st Mini Album
  • KARA - 2nd Mini Album - Pretty Girl
  • KARA - Pretty Girl (Special Edition)
  • MOMOLAND - 1st Mini Album - Welcome To Momoland
  • MOMOLAND - 2nd Mini Album - Freeze!
  • MOMOLAND - 3rd Mini Album - Great!
  • MOMOLAND - 4th Mini Album - Fun To The World
  • MyB - 2nd Single - 또또 DDODOO
  • NATURE - 1st Single Album - 기분 좋아
  • Orange Caramel - 2nd Mini Album
  • Orange Caramel - First Single - Bangkok City
  • Orange Caramel - Second Single - Shanghai Romance
  • Orange Caramel - The Third Single - Catallena
  • Orange Caramel - The Fourth Single - My Copycat/Do It Like Me
  • Pungdeng-E - 1st Album - 풍뎅이 풍뎅이 Go! Pungeng-E Pungdeng-E Go
  • Pungdeng-E - 2nd Album - 액션 풍뎅이 Action Pungdeng-E Go!
  • Pungdeng-E - 4th Album - Stay
  • Red Velvet - Vol 1 - The Red
  • Strawberry Milk - The 1st Mini Album 
  • T-ARA - Mini Album Volume 11 - So Good
  • TWICE - 7th Mini Album - Fancy You
  • WJSN - Happy Moment (Moment Version)
  • WJSN - 1st Mini Album - Would You Like?
  • WJSN- 4th Mini Album - Dream Your Dream (Peach φορευς Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment