Friday 13 December 2019

One Item Challenge - April Bonbon

Adding another One Item set to the challenge roster and this post is all about the Frilly Tiered Shorts from April Bonbon! I decided on using these shorts as I thought they were pretty versatile and the pattern was quite subtle for use with different images. April Bonbon is known for it's bright colours and patterns, I wanted to try to find an item that was a bit softer and a neutral kinda tone that would work with opposite styles to lively such as gothic or chic.



First off, I love the background of these outfit photos. The gorgeous blue toned interior of my current boutique look matches these shorts perfectly! I started off the challenge with the standard style of the shorts which is lively and this outfit is a cute lively look. It could also pass for glam as the camisole I used originally belonged to the glam/flirty brand (which you can find out in my latest Style Boutique post here!)

My top three outfits for this One Item Challenge would be girly, chic and feminine. All very similar styles and I went for a summer look for each style. I love the girly look as it's super casual and incorporates some floral elements. Can't believe I held off using camisoles until this game, they work so well with so many outfits! The chic and feminine outfits are similar in appearance and doesn't my character look so tall in the chic outfit? Of course I had to sneak my favourite chic glasses into this look and I used them because of the blue accents on the frames. The feminine look would be my top favourite as I love this styling and the white and blue tones compliment each other well. This outer from Chorale is still one of my top new items to Styling Star and I'm actually going to sew a similar looking design for myself next year. Should be interesting to see how it turns out because I'd love to try to modify the pattern to replicate the jacket from the game. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the gothic outfit turned out as I thought I would struggle with this style. Ended up finding these top in the same colour so I built the outfit around that.

Lively




Eastern




Basic





Glam/Flirty




Girly




Psychedelic


Sporty




Boho-Chic


Gothic




Bold




Baby-Doll




Rock




Chic




Feminine




Preppy




Purple Moon




No comments:

Post a Comment