Thursday 2 June 2022

AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review (Cutie Version CD+DVD Type A)

Ages ago I reviewed the Cutie Version Type B of AOA's Japanese single 胸キュン Mune Kyun and I thought why not post another edition of the single? I have two other editions of the release and this review will look at the CD+DVD Type A Edition which features the cutie concept! Isn't it crazy to think this single came out in 2015!?! Wow I feel like K-Pop and J-Pop have changed so much since then, feels like a billion years to me.


胸キュン Mune Kyun is AOA's 3rd Japanese single and it was released July 2015. The single was released in eleven editions: Limited Sexy Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, Limited Cutie Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, and seven member editions. I've reviewed the Photobook editions already if you would like to check those out as they will cover most information about the single. I brought my copy of the Cutie Version CD+DVD Type A from Yahoo Auctions and it came with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track single
  • DVD - Contains MV's & Diary Footage
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics Booklet
  • OBI
  • Flyer
  • Photocard


The concept for this single is sports and the Type A editions have the girls in a tennis inspired outfit. Originally 胸キュン Mune Kyun was released as a Korean title track and that mini album had a sporty concept as well. So the Japanese one follows on from that with different looks. The front has the girls posing in their cute outfits and it does look quite similar to the Type B edition. The members have just moved their arms or legs around really. The back cover is very simple with the group logo, track listing and production credit information.



I adore the CD design for this single and this one is as gorgeous as the other editions. On the CD, there is a pastel pink and blue colour scheme which is always a favourite of mine. The DVD has a white and blue colour scheme with an identical layout for the printing. Out of all the four editions I have in my collection, this edition has my favourite CD design.





The lyrics booklet is your standard lyrics booklet which just contains the lyrics. Short and straight to the point. You get a few pages containing the lyrics to the three songs on the single and two pages detailing information about the group and production credits. I'm amused seeing QR codes on a release from 2015 because I feel back them I barely knew what a QR code was and never used one. I only started using QR codes since about 2018 when they were required for training at my job then we use them now for COVID check-in's. It blows my mind to think that technology was around years ago and I rarely used it.






Beautiful OBI strip that matches the concept and colour scheme of the single. My photobook editions didn't have OBIs so it was great to have them on the DVD editions. This one looks great on the shelf as I have it stacked next to the other DVD edition, their Runway album and another AOA single I haven't reviewed on here yet. Always looks so satisfying when you get a number of releases from one group and they look cohesive on the shelf.


The listing I brought from actually included five photocards! Still amazes me that I got that many, the seller must've really wanted to get rid of all those group cards because it was all group ones! I have them around somewhere, one is in my photocard folder and the others are in my photocard box. Apologies for the terrible photo as my camera didn't want to cooperate. The second photo is of the flyer that came with the single and it contains information on AOA's Japanese fan club.



Exactly the same track listing as the other editions so I won't go over it again and will just list the tracks below. This edition does come with a DVD and that's the main draw card of this edition. It has your typical J-Pop DVD contents with some MV's and a documentary style video. The DVD track listing is similar for both DVD editions with this edition containing a diary styled video of the group. I like these however I wish I understood Japanese to know what was being said :( This single has two MVs for 胸キュン Mune Kyun including the dance version. I like that the sexy and cute outfits used in the MVs were used for the single designs. The final thing on the DVD is the Korean MV for the lead track from the group's fourth Korean single RED MOTION.

CD Track Listing
  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun
  2. ゆれる Sway
  3. チョアヨ! I Like It!
  4. 胸キュン Mune Kyun (Karaoke Version)
  5. ゆれる Sway (Karaoke Version)
  6. チョアヨ! I Like It! (Karaoke Version)
DVD Track Listing
  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun Music Video
  2. 胸キュン Mune Kyun Dance Version
  3. 흔들려 Confused Music Video
  4. -AOA Japan Diary ♡2015/6/12~14-

Here is a photo of both DVD editions side by side and don't they look gorgeous? My favourite part is the colour palettes! I feel the designers did an excellent job picking up beautiful pastel tones for this single that complement each other. Second photo is of all the 胸キュン Mune Kyun editions I currently have in my collection. There are seven Limited Member Editions and they would be a great feat to collect. If I were to get them, I would get Choa first as she was my bias however they all look amazing when I've seen photos of all seven together.



That's another review done and I will post the Sexy Version of the Type A edition in coming weeks. This particular edition of 胸キュン Mune Kyun is no longer in print and cannot be purchased from stores. Other editions are still available though and the single is available on Spotify! I've posted the MV and dance version below so we can all enjoy this amazing song!




No comments:

Post a Comment