Wednesday 22 June 2022

AOA 胸キュン Mune Kyun - Single Review (Sexy Version CD+DVD Type A)

Since the last music review was of the Cutie Version of AOA's single , it seemed only natural to post the review for the Sexy Version. Both are the Type A edition however there are just two different concepts. This sexy concept can be found on the Type B CD+PHOTOBOOK edition which I've reviewed previously. I won't be posting a long review as most aspects have been covered in the other reviews and it would just be repetitive. Let's take a look!


胸キュン Mune Kyun is AOA's 3rd Japanese single and it was released July 2015. The single was released in eleven editions: Limited Sexy Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, Limited Cutie Versions CD+DVD Type A and CD+PHOTOBOOK Type B, and seven member editions. I brought my copy of the Sexy Version CD+DVD Type A from Yahoo Auctions and it came with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track single
  • DVD - Contains MV's & Making Of
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics Booklet
  • OBI
  • Flyer
  • Photocard

The Sexy Version Type A has a similar cover to the Photobook Type B edition with the girls in a slightly different pose. Seolhyun's pose is just with her leg bent! Would've been exciting to see some variety but I guess they just took a bunch of photos and took the ones that turned out great. The back has the same design as the Cute Version with the track listing for both CD and DVD listed along with production credits and DVD region information.



The discs in the Sexy Versions have a darker tone to them and feature this beautiful shade of purple. It totally reminds me of Kuromi with the colour palette! That's all I can think of when I look at it and it gives off gothic toned vibes as well. The design on the back page is cool and unique with the single title printed in a banner design. 





Quick look at the lyrics booklet as there isn't anything new here and it's the same old song lyrics. Since I don't want to make this paragraph too short I'll talk about the OBI and extras as well. The OBI is excellent as per usual and thank you to the seller for including it in the listing. It's so frustrating when you cannot tell if CDs have them or not in photos when they are not pictured. I got another ELVIS JAPAN flyer and photocard included with the single.









The track listing is the same as the other editions and there is one slight difference of the DVD. This edition comes with the Making Of the MV which is always a staple for J-Pop singles. So many ones in my collection come with it and they're always fun to watch. The DVD includes the same MVs as the Cutie Version.

CD Track Listing
  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun
  2. ゆれる Sway
  3. チョアヨ! I Like It!
  4. 胸キュン Mune Kyun (Karaoke Version)
  5. ゆれる Sway (Karaoke Version)
  6. チョアヨ! I Like It! (Karaoke Version)
DVD Track Listing
  1. 胸キュン Mune Kyun Music Video
  2. 胸キュン Mune Kyun Dance Version
  3. 흔들려 Confused Music Video
  4. 胸キュン Mune Kyun -Making Of Video-

Since I've posted all the other editions of this single, I thought I'd show the Limited Member Editions. This edition only includes the songs 胸キュン Mune Kyun and チョアヨ! I Like It! From unboxings I've seen, it does include an OBI which looks amazing! Way cooler than the ones in this edition. The case is the basic CD single jewel case with a small insert on the side. I have an Apink member edition CD and that has a basic jewel case too. I think they are quite common for member plate editions. Whilst Choa was my bias in AOA, I would love to get Yuna's as I love her outfit especially the hairstyle.

Image from Generasia

It has taken a little while, but that is all the four editions of 胸キュン Mune Kyun posted! I got into AOA way too late and missed their golden era. Their songs are catchy and I definitely prefer the Japanese version of 胸キュン Mune Kyun over the Korean one. This edition of the single seems to be out of print and would be a second-hand purchase if you were interested. If you don't mind paying extravagent shipping fees from Japan because they just went up a crazy amount! Oh well, at least I can enjoy the few AOA releases I have for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment