Wednesday 29 June 2022

MOMOLAND 2nd Mini Album Freeze! - Album Review

It has been a long time since I've posted a K-Pop review as I've been mainly doing J-Pop ones. So I thought for today's post we will look at one of MOMOLAND's early Korean releases. MOMOLAND was one of my favourite group's going back a few years ago but I kind of lost interest once Daisy left and with the whole mess that is their mismanagement. Let's take a walk down memory lane with their 2nd Mini Album Freeze!


Freeze! is the 2nd Mini Album from Korean girl group MOMOLAND and it was released in August 2017. It is the first mini album to feature Daisy and Taeha who were not present for the 1st Mini Album Welcome to MOMOLAND. The album only came in one version and came with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track Mini Album
  • 80-page Photobook
  • Selfie Photocard (Random from 9 types)
  • Freeze Photocard (Random from 9 types)


The Freeze! concept outfits are some of my favourite ones from MOMOLAND. I adore the designs and think they are super fun. Very on brand for the group and some of them look rather hilarious with the random fabric stuck on. I think Nayun's outfit would be my favourite followed by Jane. The front cover of the mini album has the girls in some fun poses whilst the back contains the track listing. The typical production information is listed as well.


This mini album is a solid size and fits nicely on a shelf. It is one of those book style ones with the hard cover which opens up to reveal the photobook. Freeze! is the exact size as the group's 4th Mini Album Fun The World and I believe their 5th Mini Show Me is the same size as well (I don't own that one just yet). Honestly I love albums that are the same size as they look great when put together. The CD for this mini album has a cute design with the MOMOLAND logo in the middle and red colours to match the album colour.


Onto the photobook now which is a lovely 80 pages! Gotta love a decent sized photobook and it features 3 concepts. Plus you get some behind the scenes photos from the MV shooting! MOMOLAND always has lovely photobooks and you get stacks of photos of all the members. I couldn't included photos of the entire photobook so I just included a small selection. Some of these photos were used in the group's debut Japanese album MOMOLAND THE BEST~Korean Ver.~ and I've reviewed that one here if you want to check it out!

























Freeze! includes two photocards and I got some nice ones! I got Nayun for the random selfie one and Ahin for the Freeze one. The Ahin one is lovely and I did bias her for a while so it was great to get that one. Honestly I would've preferred Daisy as she is my top member but Ahin was good as I do have a few of her cards.





Being a mini album, Freeze! includes a decent amount of tracks with six included. You get the title track 꼼짝마 Freeze of course along with the accompanying instrumental. All the other tracks are a good mix of upbeat and slow songs. I quite like this combination as I'm not a fan of albums that have a dance-style song for the title track then the rest are ballads. One of the tracks is the EDM version of 어마어마해 Wonderful Love which had been quite popular in Korea before this mini was released. I thought it was a fun idea to include it as the song made a few popular notice the group and it hadn't yet been included on a physical album. The instrumental to this song can be found on their 4th Mini Album Great! and all the songs on Freeze! are also included on their Japanese Best album.
  1. 꼼짝마 Freeze
  2. 좋아 I Like It
  3. 너, 어느 별에서 왔니 What Planet Are You From?
  4. 오르골 Orgel
  5. 어마어마해 Wonderful Love (EDM Ver.)
  6. 꼼짝마 Freeze (Instrumental)


I originally brought my Freeze! mini from YesAsia a few years ago however I believe the album may be out of print now. I couldn't find it listed on a few sites and it was listed as Out Of Print on YesAsia. Best to try the second-hand market if you are after it. I'm interested to see what the future holds for MOMOLAND now that their company has announced the debut of a new girl group. I feel like they will probably disband and one or two members will stay with the company. Or maybe all the girls will leave as I feel they could get better promotion at other companies. After this mini, I only have one more to post from my collection which is their 1st Mini Album Welcome To MOMOLAND.




No comments:

Post a Comment