Tuesday 31 May 2022

May Favourites

The weather we have been experiencing during this last week of May has been very winter like. It has been raining quite heavy the last two days and one part of the city even got flooded. I went to town yesterday and luckily I got home before the bad storm hit. Anyway enough weather talk, let's get onto the favourites for the month of May!

Stationery

Thought I'd start with this topic as it seems to be all I spend my money on lately. There are no good sticker shops in the centre where I work so whenever I go to another shopping centre, it's always a treat to find them. There's a new chain called Mint My Desk here in Australia and it has some super cute stationery! Spent some time looking around the shop and I ended up getting this notepad which features review pages. Thought it would be a fun start to my notepaper collection for journaling. The MARU seals were from Daiso which I had actually been to a few days earlier. The second photos shows my first Daiso haul where I picked up some new things I hadn't seen there before. I did go to the Daiso in the city yesterday and their sticker section was lacking. Seems that the one closer to me is the better one.



Another random thing I got this month was this adorable Legally Blonde Pop Vinyl! I saw them for pre-order months ago and put my name down instantly. Usually I don't collect Pops but when I see one that is my style I always pick them up. Legally Blonde is one of my favourite movies so I just had to get this one! Some of my Pops I keep in the box however this one looks way better out of the box.


I Heart Revolution has brought out a new collaboration with Dr Seuss and I couldn't help myself when I saw it in Priceline. The stores here are only stocking a few products from the line so I only got the Oh! The Places You'll Go eyeshadow palette currently. I quite like Revolutions eyeshadows and this one is great! I tend to use the glitter pigments the most and they stay put for long days when fixed with primer. I have a few of the brands palettes now and I'm looking forward to the Powerpuff Girls one when it hits Priceline stores. 


Gaming wise I still haven't been playing much in recent weeks. I've just kind of lost interest and there are other activities I like to spend my time on. Does anyone else experience that? Like you just grow out of something or get bored of it? I feel like happens to me with games every so often. If only the Nintendo Switch had more fashion style games, then I'd definitely be more interested. Most of the games posts on here will generally be backlog photos as I have a good selection of images to work through.

Music

Sad news with Japan Post increasing their shipping fees which means it makes it even more difficult to import from Japan for me now. The last two times I ordered stuff, the shipping was pretty rough and this has made it even more costly. I think from now on I'll be taking a hiatus from purchasing Japanese CD's due to cost. Might go back to purchasing Korean releases as they are easier for me to obtain. This isn't the end however as I will still be posting reviews of my collection on here! Hoping to get through a big chunk of the collection by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment