Sunday 8 May 2022

MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~ Album Review - Limited CD+DVD Edition

Omg this review took forever to create because this album is the hardest thing to photograph! I've tried posting about this MOMOLAND CD multiple times since I got it but the photos always came out terrible. It's just the worst CD ever to take photos of and I think I finally got some decent photos to post. They are a combination of my Nikon camera and Oppo phone so hopefully we can see all the details! Let's take a look at MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~


MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~ is MOMOLAND's debut Japanese release and is basically a best album. It was released on February 28th 2018 and came in three editions: Regular CD Edition, Limited CD+DVD Edition and Tower Records Limited CD+DVD. Now this CD took a long time to find and purchase. I searched for a long time and was outbid in a few auctions. Eventually I found this copy of the Limited Edition in good condition and snapped it up. My copy came with the following contents:
  • CD - 10 track album
  • DVD - Contains 3 MV's & 3 Dance Versions
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics Booklet


The concept for this album is just the Freeze and Wonderful Love comebacks merged together as the photos are all from those promotions. Being an album released for debut in Japan, it is common to see companies reuse images from other comebacks. My idea on why this was done is because this album was released in Japan shortly after the group exploded with the song BBoom BBoom. So the with the success of the song, the company wanted to expand to Japan quickly and released this album about a month or two after BBoom BBoom came out. It would then take a few months for the group's debut Japanese single to be released. The easiest thing for the company to do was the just recycle photos rather than taking new ones (as the girls were super busy around this time).

The front cover has a lovely picture of all the group members whereas the back just has an image of a taxi with text. This was the main part I was struggling to take photos of as it is a super light background! My camera is pretty old (however still reliable) and I guess maybe the location where I normally take photos was difficult to shoot in. My Oppo phone seemed to take a better photo of the back cover so we can actually see all the contents.



The interior of the CD features the two discs that come with the release and I love the simplistic design. There's enough design elements on it for it to not be too boring and all the important information is conveyed well. This edition of MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~ does come with a OBI strip however the copy I brought was missing it sadly. I had just been searching for this for so long I took a chance with this listing just so I could get my hands on one.





Onto the lyrics booklet now and it's one of my favourite Japanese style ones that includes photos! The front and back cover features photos from the Freeze promotions and the individual photos are from the Wonderful Love comeback. Overall I like this lyrics booklet as there are cute pictures of each member and both the Japanese and Korean lyrics are included for the songs. My favourite photos would be Yeonwoo and Daisy of course as she was my bias in the group! Production credits of the DVD are listed on the back page of the booklet.














With the album being called MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~, the CD is made up of their best Korean songs. Actually it just contains all their Korean songs up until their digital single Wonderful Love (EDM Ver.) so it's a great way to get a good chunk of their discography on one CD. Hard to pick a favourite song but I'd narrow it down to either 꼼짝마 Freeze! or 어마어마해 Wonderful Love (EDM Ver.). The Limited Edition of this album comes a DVD containing the MV's for the Korean title tracks included on the CD plus the dance versions. The main reason I wanted to get this edition of this CD was for the MV's as it's fun to watch them on a large TV without the use of Youtube. It seems so weird to own MV's somewhere besides Youtube.

CD Track Listing
  1. Welcome To MOMOLAND
  2. 꼼짝마 Freeze!
  3. 짠쿵쾅 JJan! Koong! Kwang!
  4. 오르골 Orgel
  5. 어기여차 Uh-Gi-Yeo-Cha
  6. 어마어마해 Wonderful Love
  7. 상사병 Love Sick
  8. 너, 어느별에서 왔니 What Planet Are You From?
  9. 좋아 I Like It
  10. 어마어마해 Wonderful Love (EDM Ver.)

DVD Track Listing
  1. 짠쿵쾅 JJan! Koong! Kwang! MV
  2. 짠쿵쾅 JJan! Koong! Kwang! Dance Ver.
  3. 어마어마해 Wonderful Love MV
  4. 어마어마해 Wonderful Love Dance Ver.
  5. 꼼짝마 Freeze! MV
  6. 꼼짝마 Freeze! Dance Ver.


MOMOLAND The Best ~Korean Ver.~ comes in two other editions with a regular CD edition and Tower Records Limited Edition. I was searching ages for the Tower Records one however it is always quite expensive or missing contents. One day I'll get it as I love the cover in the Freeze! outfits.

Regular Edition CD Only

Tower Records Limited Edition

I'll add this MOMOLAND review to the list with the other releases from the girls. Feels like forever that BBoom BBoom was out and the group had nine girls. I do miss this line-up and the current line-up has been releasing this good songs too! I quite like Ready Or Not and have been thinking about maybe getting the physical copy of the album. If you are after this particular album, it's best to look on second hand sites as the album is no longer available for purchase. There is a listing for all editions on the Japanese Tower Records store but you cannot place orders for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment