Sunday 5 May 2019

April Favourites

Somehow April just flew by and we are already nearly a week into May. Time just goes so quickly nowadays, it's hard to keep up with what month it is. I know it's a little bit late, but here are my favourites for the month of April!

Gaming
Still playing Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and there was a fun event last month which was a fishing tourney. I managed to collect all the items and this tourney wasn't as hard as the Nintendo themed one. Loved the school uniform items you could collect and here's a cute picture of my workmate and I in the game wearing the uniforms. Don't we look adorable?


Actually been playing a little bit of Style Boutique last week because I thought of doing another One Item Challenge. This time it will be an item from Brooke Bridge and no idea when I'll post it as I haven't had the time to create all the outfits just yet.

Music
I have a massive amount of haul posts to put up on here of my recent additions to my collection. I posted a review of CD Japan the other day so check that out if you haven't seen it already. I was quite impressed with the site and will definitely be using it again. Here are the two CD's I got from there and I'm super excited for Dream Ami's new single which I've been listening to like crazy.


At the moment I'm reorganising my music collection which is a massive project. The idea behind this is that I'm having a huge pain trying to sync things between all these tech devices we have nowadays. Plus my new car doesn't have a CD player so I can't play my CD's in it anymore. A few years ago, I had an issue with my computer and it busted up my iTunes making the files all weird. Like I still have all my old stuff, just not the original files and everything is just one single file. So I decided the other day to refresh my whole collection and start from scratch. I want to make sure everything has a physical file now and a back-up in case I ever lose anything. Plus it will help me discover old tracks that I love and forgot about. Speaking of which, I've been listening to some old stuff recently from my collection so I'll post some in this months music favourites section.





Beauty
So the Lipsmacker Kiss Natural lipbalms that I loved are now out of stock where I live sadly. Luckily I still have some left to use up. I did however manage to melt one of them in a hilarious stupid fashion. I couldn't find my lipbalm at work and wondered where on earth I had lost it. Turns out it fell out of my backpack when it was unzipped in my car. So the lipbalm had been sitting on the seat the entire day and melted into the pill shape of the container. Like you can still use it, it just looks really silly now.


To replace the Lipsmacker ones, I came across a gold mine at a local cheap shop (kinda like the dollar store). A bit of background to the story first. Many years ago I used to buy candy branded lipbalms from a candy store near my old work like Nerds and Hersey's Chocolates one. The shop closed up and I wasn't able to get the balms at the city store for some reason. Flash forward to now and I had just popped into the cheap shop looking for some easter stuff and they were selling sets of these lipbalms for 2 for $5! OMG! Amazing deal as I picked up 16 lipbalms for $5 when the old ones I used to get were $7.95 each. I don't have a stand out favourite so far as they are all really good and surprisingly moisturising. I don't use the blue ones too much as they make your lips blue and that's no good for work situations.



Sewing
I finished the pattern I was working on last month which was the Simplicity 8415. Honestly that pattern was so weird and turned out a bit different from what I thought. Like it's a nice dress, it's just that the seams fall in weird places. One goes right along the backside and it's rather strange. The fabric I used is amazingly though so that makes up for it. Can't even wear it now though as the weather isn't warm enough.

My newest project is an older pattern from Simplicity which is the Cynthia Rowley 2215. Using view D with the normal facing in this beautiful bird patterned fabric I brought a billion years ago at Spotlight. Should turn out nice once it's finished and I'm interested in making my first top in this style. Never really done anything with buttons or a collar like this but the instructions look rather easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment