Friday 15 March 2019

Style Boutique Series - Outfit Comparisons

Since I have a number of the Style Boutique games now, I thought I'd go through some of them and make up the same outfit in each game. For this post, I used New Style Boutique, New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward and New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star. Boy the European/Australian names of the game are so boring and confusing with the numbers. I tried to choose outfits where I knew the items would be in all three games and from different styles. So let's take a look at how clothing items have evolved over the course of the series!

First off is a girly outfit which is a favourite of mine. I used to wear this all the time when I had New Style Boutique years ago and a fair bit in Fashion Forward as well. The items have stayed the same throughout the three games and still look stylish as ever.




Next is a lively outfit which I totally loved when I made it in New Style Boutique but then soon discovered that the outer was no longer available! I looked everywhere for it and checked all the brands but couldn't located it. Such a shame as it's super adorable and works great with these overalls. When creating lively themed outfits, I always tend to go towards bright and pastel colours rather than the darker tones that can be found at April Bonbon. How funny is it that I almost got the first pose exactly the same. It's a shame you can't choose your poses in New Style Boutique to match them all up.






Next is the bold outfit where I had a mental blank and couldn't match the inner colour correctly. I had a bit of difficult matching the exact colour as I don't think it was perfectly identical in the other two games. The outfit still looks amazing though, I tried to use as many items as possible in the outfit. These leggings look surprisingly good with the outfit, the ripped ones have always been my favourite from AZ-USA.




The Baby-Doll style has always been a popular one in the Style Boutique series with items in the original first game being considered quite old-school lolita. I decided to go with a pastel toned outfit for the Baby-Doll look and all the items were in each of the tree games. I think it looks gorgeous in all three photos. It's nice that the developers keep adding in new designs to the Marble Lily and Raven Candle brands. I'm always amazed at what interesting new prints each game will bring.




How could we forget the glam style! I think one of the main things I enjoy about playing the old games is the glam style and seeing what items belonged to it. For the glam outfit, I tried to go for something I haven't done before in my glam outfits. So I went with this kiss print dress in a brown/beige tone and the final look is totally glam!




Here is my favourite look of the post, the psychedelic outfit! I just love how it turned out and it just screams psychedelic and quirky! All the items were in the game which was great and the monster handbag still looks as silly as ever! I think this is something I'd wear in real life as it looks comfortable and unique. And I just really want this beret in real life as it's one of my favourite items in the game.




3 comments:

  1. Hi you should do like a guide on new style boutique and style boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a review on it

      Delete
    2. I thought about doing guides for those games, but I don't have the time nowadays to make them. Maybe a review would be possible :)

      Delete