Wednesday 16 January 2019

kikki.K 2019 Sweet Weekly Diary Review

A new year means a new diary! In 2019, I shall be using the Weekly Diary from kikki.K in the Sweet design. Last year I had the same diary and I've posted a review of that one here for you to check out! The 2019 Sweet Weekly Diary has the same layout as last years diary and a new sweet style design has been used for the diary. The 2019 design features pastel themed designs themed around animals, house objects and activities. The colour tones for 2019 are beautiful blues, dusty pinks, browns and greys.



I brought my 2019 Diary back in October last year when it was available in a Festive Gift Set. In the set you got a few extra little goodies with the diary. Along with the diary, you get three magentic bookmarks featuring illustrations from the Sweet line and one black pen. I've tried out the pen and it's quite good quality. Not the type of pen I'd use all the time but it is comfortable and the ink flows well. I've been using it in my cash book along with one of the bookmarks. The bookmarks are amazing and so helpful in marking pages in my cash book and diary. The magnet is strong but not too heavy to pull the pages and they make a cute look when they peak out the top of the diary. All the items came in this luxious red box which I reused as packaging for a Christmas present.





The 2019 Weekly Diary from the Sweet line comes with the following contents:

  • Protective plastic jacket
  • Sticker book
  • Bookmark
  • Two ribbon bookmarks
  • Yearly view
  • Monthly view (December 2018 - December 2019)
  • Weekly view (December 2018 - December 2019)
  • Perforated To Do lists and Shopping Lists
  • Wish List Page
  • Website List
  • Movies List
  • Books List
  • Restaurants & Bars List
  • Addresses
  • Lined pages for notes
  • Blank pages for notes
  • Personal information page







One of the main things that I love about this diary is the large amount of space each day has to write on in the weekly view section. It gives me plenty of room to write notes, to-do lists, information about online orders and special dates. In 2019, I've been following the book How To Draw Almost Every Day by Chika Miyata. So I've been using the space on each day to draw the corresponding prompt from the book. The paper in the diary works great with the Copic Multi Liner in 0.1 Black and it doesn't bleed through.





One of the fun features of the diary is the list section which can be found towards the back of the diary. Here you will find lists where you write down restaurants you visit, books read, movies you've watched and items you wish to purchase. I quite enjoyed using this section last year and I'm happy to see it again. I do however wish they would have more room for restaurants as I filled mine up super quick. I'd rather have less address pages and more of the list pages. I think address pages are pretty useless nowadays in the digital age and I only every use two of them if I end up writing down my friends addresses when they move house. The lined and blank pages for notes are super adorable illustration wise and I ended up filling up all the lined pages last year. Most of them were information on my J-Pop and K-Pop online orders and I'm guessing I'll fill the section up once more with the same information.









Another sticker book was included in the 2019 Diary and you can slip it into the protective cover for storage. Great idea especially for people who are serious about journaling and it makes for easy access to the stickers. The illustrations this year are just stunning and love the aesthetics. Another words page was included and I almost used up all the words last year. I mentioned in my review of the 2018 Diary that I would've liked to have gotten more word stickers and I've actually already used all the to-do and pay ones setting up my diary. There wasn't enough for each month which is a bit annoying because there should be 12 pay ones as there are 12 months in the year (great for people who get paid monthly or track all their monthly pays in a list).









Another card stock bookmark was included again with a similar design to last year. The slogan for last years diary was 'Your Best Year Yet' and kikki.K have gone with a follow up slogan in 2019 with 'Your Best Year Ever'. I wonder what 2020 will bring slogan wise. Here's a cute photo of the three magnetic bookmarks and pen you received if you got the Festive Gift Set. The items aren't listed on the kikki.K website so I believe they were exclusive to the set.




I still have some stickers left over from last years diary so I shall be using those with the 2019 diary. Here is a layout of the main items I use for scheduling and you may recognise most of them as they have been featured before on Marzipan Wonderland. I have my favourite stickers from Daiso of course and my super adorable Maru the Shiba Inu ones I found at a Japanese store in town.



Here are the 2018 and 2019 Sweet Weekly Diaries side by side for comparison. The diaries are quite similar however I feel the protective plastic cover on the 2018 is higher quality. You can feel a difference between the two covers. The 2018 cover has a more matte feel whereas the 2019 is a bit more plastic. I might check out kikki.K next time I'm in town to see what else they have in the Sweet line as it has gorgeous illustrations and I like the colour scheme they used for this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment