Tuesday 1 January 2019

December Favourites & Blog Update

I'm so glad that December is finally over and the new year is here because the last month has been a hectic one. It's the busiest time at work so it's been flat out but thankfully it's quietened down now. December was also busy with some Christmas stuff so I didn't get up to whole lot of stuff. But still some worthy mentions so let's get on with my December Favourites!

Gaming
I've been playing this game on Steam called Voodoo Garden which I've talked about before. It's a clicker style game with beautiful art design and is quite cheap as well if you want to pick it up in the current Steam sale. Almost finished the game this month achievement wise. I've filled up my entire garden and unlocked everything but I only have one achievement left to get. I quite enjoy clicker style games so if you have any recommendations for ones on Steam, leave them in the comments below!



In Disney Magical World, I finally got all the Christmas and Winter themed furniture and recipes. The Christmas items were rather cute and it was fun to throw a Christmas party on the 25th. I believe I'm only missing one or two winter season clothing items and other than that, I've just been collecting cards. Planning on collecting cards for January then trading them at the end of the month. Only missing a few cards now to complete the set of 300 and it's so frustrating never getting ones I need.

Music
Been super into After School recently and have been listening to some of their Korean releases non-stop. Mainly I've been into Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) - The 6th Maxi Single which has perfect songs on it. The title track from their Virgin album is another favourite this month. I love the early sound of After School like the songs off the New Schoolgirl release. Virgin reminds me of those so I think that's why I enjoy it so much.



Stationery
Finally was able to use my new 2019 Diary which is the kikki.K Weekly Diary in the Sweet design. I had the same diary in 2018 which I reviewed here so I decided to get one again for 2019 as I liked the layout and design of the diary. I will post a more in depth review soon but here's a sneak peak at the diary. I got it back in October as a gift when it was available in the gift set with some bookmarks and a pen.





That's about it for the monthly favourites so onto a quick blog update. I'm proud at how well Marzipan Wonderland did this year. I felt I was able to blog about a lot of things I wanted to this year such as certain music reviews and discussions about Style Boutique. The challenges I posted for Style Boutique were quite fun and I enjoyed taking on other people's challenge ideas.

For 2019, I'm planning on continuing to post on Marzipan Wonderland. However the posts may be a bit random with the schedule. Mondays will still be the weekly Shopdo Update and I'll try to remember to post the monthly Caprice Chalet room updates early on in the month as well. I'm hoping to get at least two posts up each week with one being Style Boutique related. My work schedule changed in the later part of 2018 so I didn't have as much time for blogging. So the schedule for posts may be a bit random some weeks as it will rely on when I get time to get on the computer and blog. I have stacks of music reviews I want to post as I want to get through a large chunk of my collection review wise. Still have quite a lot of Style Boutique outfit posts to put up as well so keep an eye out for them.

I'd like to wish a Happy New Year to all the readers of Marzipan Wonderland and here's to an amazing 2019! 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    The blog had some amazing content in 2018 the Style Boutique posts were fantastic like the Sequel ideas discussion and the Cosplay challenge.
    I’ve played both Dinsney Magical World games in the past and in the first one the Card collecting was so annoying I found I got loads of the same ones from Daisy Duck, the series was like ACNL meets Disney and a dungeon game.
    Loved all the Shopdo updates of 2018 my fave is actually your most recent one.
    Happy new year
    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I’d just say that I got Super Smash Bros Ultimate as a Christmas present and I found a few Style Boutique music tracks in the game I was quite happy when I discovered them :)

      Delete
    2. Funny enough the Daisy Duck cards were ones I had trouble getting for ages. Yeah I heard there's some Style Boutique stuff in Smash Bros. I'm not really interested in the Switch so I haven't got the game.

      Delete
    3. That's strange maybe Daisy wanted to keep her cards to herself Haha.
      It was great to find Style Boutique stuff in Smash Bros, it would be great if there was a playable character like Angelique or Sophie :)

      Delete
    4. It took forever to get her last Gold card, only got it randomly one day whilst visiting her boutique.
      I've seen there's some Style Boutique stuff in smaller parts of the game, I doubt they would make any SB characters as they aren't well known and Nintendo would rather put in other popular franchises. They just seems to chuck whatever in now.

      Delete
    5. The Daisy card thing is strange, maybe others have experienced the problem too.
      There is DLC planned for Ultimate and they do throw some pretty random characters in nowadays look at Joker from Persona 5 that’s super random, it would be cool to see SB characters though, Super fan and proud :)

      Delete
    6. Nah it's just the game being annoying and never giving me those last ones I need haha

      Delete
    7. Probably, video games love doing that with collectibles haha :)

      Delete
    8. Indeed. Main reason I hate random drop things in games. At least with expansion packs or DLC, you know what you are getting.

      Delete
    9. It is annoying isn’t it.
      DLC is good especially in The Sims it can just get quite costly! :)

      Delete
    10. Haha the original Sims DLC was my childhood. My friends and I used to borrow each others discs as a cheap way to get expansion packs.

      Delete