Saturday 5 January 2019

Crayon Pop 4th Single 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar - Single Review

A few weeks ago, I received a very special CD in the post from one of my favourite groups so it's time for a review. The CD is Crayon Pop's 4th Single Album 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar and I was over the moon to get my hands on it. The single can be hard to come across as not many copies were printed and it has been out of print for years. I couldn't believe it when I found a copy of the single in Japan for super cheap! So let's take a look at the single!


Crayon Pop's 4th Single 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar

 빠빠빠Bar Bar Bar is the group's 4th single and was released in 2013. The single had a limited run of copies and can be easier to come across than the group's earlier singles which are mainly promo copies. The single is about the size of a small book and is your standard K-Pop style release with a photobook stuck inside the hardbook cover. The single comes with the following contents:


  • CD - 2 Track single
  • Photobook - 23 Pages

빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar back cover

The front cover of the single features the dragon design which the group used to promote the single. There is some text about the group's name and single title on the front as well. The back cover has the same dragon design but printed in a lighter grey tone to blend into the background. The 2 tracks of the single are listed along with production information at the bottom. The spine lists the group's name and title of the single. My used copy of the single came with a plastic sleeve cover which I always appreciate. People always ask me if I've listened to CD's that had plastic covers on them and I reply that I have, I'm just obsessed with having the plastic on them to protect them. Like of course I've taken the CD out to listen to it, that's the whole point of buying a CD haha.


빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar Single


Upon opening the single, you will find the photobook and CD. The dragon design is feature on the CD as well as the background behind it. I quite like the design of this CD as it matches the design of the single and the placement of the Hangul and single title is perfect. Nice plastic casing to hold the CD in place and it wasn't damaged in shipping. The photobook is on the left hand side of the interior and has a thick spine to it. It's one of those photobooks that is hard to hold the pages open because of the spine so I was careful not to damage any of the pages.


빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar Photobook & CD


빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar CD

The photobook contains 23 pages which isn't a huge lot but you get some exclusive photos which were only included in the Bar Bar Bar single. Their next release Streets Go Disco had different images in it and not these ones which were from the Story version of the MV. The production credits are listed on the final page and each member has their own page for thank yous. I don't usually take photos of every page of photobooks but I thought I would for this single since it's quite short and you don't see many photos of it online.















The single only contains two tracks - 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar and it's instrumental. The title track can be found on many other Crayon Pop releases such as Streets Go Disco. A joke that my friend and I had was about how Chrome Entertainment is always making me rebuy the song because it's included on every release. If you haven't heard the song already, go listen to it right now because it's amazing! I was a fan of the group before hand but Bar Bar Bar brought me on as a hard core fan. That's why I was so excited to find the single as I had missed out buying it when it was released. Back then, I only brought a few releases a year as I wasn't familiar too much with buying albums online and more just into buying digital.


빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar single track listing

As I mentioned previously, I got my copy of 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar from Japan secondhand. The single was in excellent condition and I only payed 950JPY for it (minus fees and shipping). So it was a great steal compared to the normal prices you see the single going for on ebay. 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar had three MV's released for the song so I have listed them all below. The first is the story version which is where the photos in the photobook were from. Next is the normal version of the single which is the most common one people have seen. And the final one is the global version also known as 빠빠빠 Bar Bar Bar 2.0. This version has a slightly different version of the song and this version was included along with the original on the Streets Go Disco Mini Album.








No comments:

Post a Comment