Friday 2 November 2018

October Favourites

My favourite month of the year has ended sadly. October is my favourite month for various reasons, one being that the weather finally warms up. However October here wasn't actually that warm, only two or three days above 30. Halloween was great, we ended up having quite a few trick or treaters! Mainly young children in super adorable costumes. I brought a bag of Milky Ways to give out because who doesn't love Milky Ways. I had a few left, maybe I'll go eat them after this post. Anyway, here are my top things for October!

Gaming
Finally collected all the Halloween & Nightmare Before Christmas items in Disney Magical World. Had to reset the game a few times to get the skeleton counter as the request didn't want to spawn. I also managed to finally get the last items to craft the remaining outfit items I was missing. So now I'm only missing some fall and winter specific items and less than 10 cards. The card thing is frustrating as I cannot get the last Daisy card! I got Minnie's somehow the other day and Daisy just keeps giving the same ones and not the Super Rare. Sigh, maybe this month I'll get it from her. I hate random chance in games, makes everything take so much longer.

Music
No new CD's this month but I'm planning on getting Dream Ami and MOMOLAND's new releases next month. Just still trying to decide which versions of BAAM from MOMOLAND to get, leaning towards Type A because I adore the bumblebee style outfits the girls wear on it.

Thinking about getting this version of BAAM.

This month I've actually been listening to some non K-Pop and J-Pop music. Shocking isn't it. I was going through my MP3 player at the gym and decided to listen to some of the older albums in my collection. Many years ago, I was a hardcore fan of this Australian rock band called The Living End. I used to collect all their releases and track down rare promo discs from the band. I've been listening to some of their older stuff recently and thinking about picking up their recent release as well. Here's their most well-known song Prisoner Of Society which was a staple for all the summer music festivals when the band was on the line-up.


Beauty
Managed to track down another flavour of the Kiss Therapy lip balms from Lipsmacker. This time it was the Grapefruit one which is my new favourite. It smells like Passionfruit soft drink (or Pasito as the Kirks brand is called) which is my favourite soft drink besides Raspberry and Vanilla Coke. So strawberry is the only flavour I'm missing now but I'm guessing it's just your standard strawberry scent. Not a huge fan of strawberry lip balms as they are a bit boring and overpowering sometimes.


Stationary
So my friend and I were in one of the Japanese stores in town a few weeks ago and I came across the best sticker set ever. I was so excited when I saw this Maru the Shiba themed stickers. Omg they are just so adorable! The tennis racket one is my favourite. They also had round shaped stickers with similar images of Maru.

During the same trip to town, I found this Winnie the Pooh stamp set from Daiso. It is similar to another stamp set I had brought previously from there and is a decent stamp. You need to be precise with the pressure to get a good print with it and to be careful not the bleed the ink through certain typse of paper. I'm going to blog about my stamp collection in November so keep an eye out for that!



Sewing
I have been doing some sewing this month and have been working on Simplicity 1325 in View D. It isn't a super hard pattern to make and I've almost finished. Just the zipper to go and I always dread that step.

Received a few vouchers for Lincraft and Spotlight this month so I picked up some new patterns! I had been after the 1609 Jiffy pattern from Simplicity for a long time and Lincraft had it in stock in my size when I visited recently. I'm interested in the green coloured dress which is View A as I love the collar on it. The DC Comics pattern I only brought because I want this style of dress in my wardrobe, just not with the Batman prints on it. And the final pattern is this t-shirt one from Simplicity's new pattern hacking line which I'm yet to try. 


That's all for my October favourites! Actually did a fair amount of things this month so I had things to blog about! I shall live you with this gorgeous mural my friends and I found in town the other night when we went out for dinner. Not sure how when it was painted as I couldn't locate a date on it but it was painted in collaboration with the charity next door.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    I actually didn’t have any trick or treaters this year I had a bucket of treats ready for them but none came!
    I know who doesn’t love Milky Way it’s got such a unique on another level taste yum!
    Glad you had a great Halloween I did too went to a low key party, ate some yummy chocolate, and bought a new Pokémon book!
    That mural is beautiful I love when art is done in aid of charity.
    Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only really had trick or treaters who were young kids which was cute.

      Delete