Tuesday 30 October 2018

Halloween Time!

The spookiest time of the year is here for it is Halloween! I thought it would be fun to share my favourite things about Halloween. Halloween isn't that big in Australia but in recent years it has been growing in popularity. More shops are now selling decorations and costumes and I've even seen a few houses all decorated around the suburbs. I think because Christmas is pushed so early in the shops that people forget about Halloween. I am totally over seeing Christmas stuff in August so I'm all for Halloween.

First off on the Halloween list is one of my favourite characters, Rilakkuma! Japan always goes all out for holiday themed anything and Rilakkuma is no exception. San-X brought out some super adorable Rilakkuma and friends Halloween plushies this year. Just look at these costumed cuties! Rilakkuma in the ghost outfit would be my favourite. 



When I was younger, Halloween wasn't celebrated at all over here. So my only exposure to it was through American television shows. I grew up watching Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network so I loved around Halloween time when the channels would play the Halloween specials. Big Time Rush was one (and still is) one of my favourite live-action Nick shows and the Halloween specials of that were so hilarious. But the ultimate Halloween special would be the Sabrina the Teenage Witch ones. The show was perfect for Halloween and the Halloween episodes were always well done. Planning on marathoning the Sabrina specials on the 31st for Halloween.

Halloween seems to be the hot topic for Youtubers around this time. A few of my main Youtubers put out good content for teh spooky season. I'd say Ashens has the best Halloween videos where he buys Halloween themed junk (or tat as he refers to it as) and reviews it. Looking forward to seeing the horrors he finds this year. Another Youtuber that I quite like is Mia Maples who is a Canadian Youtuber who reviews clothing websites, does make-up videos and other fun things. She's down to earth and gives honest reviews of the products she tries. I'll leave her recent costume try-on video below where she tries out costumes from Fashion Nova.


Couldn't forget Disney in a Halloween themed post! Halloween shows up in Disney Magical World and it's probably my favourite holiday in the game just because of the cute costumes the main characters wear. It's a shame that you can't craft the outfits that Mickey and friends wear for yourself. I really want Daisy's outfit!!!




I couldn't think of too many Halloween themed songs for this post. Are they even a big thing? The two that came to mind are Crazy Party Night ~ぱんぷきんの逆襲~ by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and TT by TWICE. Blogger wanted to be all silly and not link Kyary's song so you can find the MV for it here! This would be one of my top Kyary songs for it's quirkiness and the MV matches the Halloween season perfectly. With TWICE, I don't follow the group but I enjoy quite a few of their songs. TT was the first song from them that made me interested in the group. I prefer the Japanese version of the song but the original Korean version has a Halloween themed MV so I thought that was more suitable to link.



Last but not least is the Halloween content of Style Boutique. Well more specifically just Fashion Forward as it had the most amazing Halloween themed DLC available. The DLC was first released in Japan and was implemented straight into the western release of the game instead of being downloadable. The dress and pumpkin miniature would be my favourites. I miss the pumpkin as it would've been perfect for my Halloween themed Shopdo this month. Styling Star is pretty boring without DLC, I can't believe none was released for the game in both Japan and the west.



2 comments:

  1. I love listening to tt by twice twice and girls generations are my favourite kpop music and twice and Japanese version of some twice songs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TWICE"s Japanese releases, One More Time and TT are my faves!

      Delete