Monday 1 October 2018

September Favourites

September is over and October is finally here. The shops are starting to fill up with Christmas stuff already and I'm going to be sick of it by November as usual. Halloween isn't big here in Australia so you don't see much of it in the shops, they go crazy with Christmas stuff instead. I'd rather see Halloween stuff because it's more fun and crazy. Anyway, here are my favourites for September 2018.

Gaming
This month, I took part in the 30 Day Cosplay Challenge in New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star. The challenge finished up yesterday and I have to admit it was fun taking on the task of creating more challenging looks. I've created a round-up of all 30 outfits in the Challenge which you can find at the 30 Day Cosplay Challenge Page. Here's some of my favourite photos from the challenge:




Music
I did get a big Zenmarket haul the other day which I'll post on here soon as I got some exciting albums for my collection including multiple versions of AOA's 胸キュン Mune Kyun single. 

My favourite solo artist Dream Ami released her 7th single recently titled Wonderland. The song is just too perfect for her and the MV is quite creative. I love the single covers for the song as well as they finally have a new colour scheme for her releases in this beautiful lilac purple. The physical single isn't due out till late October unfortunately so shall need to wait to get hold of it.


Finally a new colour scheme for Dream Ami's releases!

Beauty
Last month, I mentioned the Kiss Therapy by Lipsmacker and how I was interested in finding more flavours of the lip balm. Well I managed to track down the Eucalyptus Mint one at Chemist Warehouse (different store to where I found the Superfruit one). Honestly the Eucalyptus Mint isn't as nice as the Superfruit one and feels a bit more heavy on the lips. It would be good for when you have a cold as you can smell the Eucalyptus scent in it. The texture of the Superfruit lip balm is smoother from my experience and I use this one more. Still trying to find the Grapefruit and Strawberry flavours. I'm not huge on Strawberry scented lip balms but hopefully it will be as smooth as the Superfruit. I'm excited for Grapefruit as I intriuged at what smell it will have. The products are difficult to track down as not many shops stock them. The first Chemist Warehouse I got the Superfruit one at doesn't sell Lipsmackers anymore and the second one where I found Eucalytpus Mint was sold out of Strawberry. Might try some different Chemist Warehouses if I do into town again as there are a few within 100 metres of each other. Sounds silly doesn't it, but there is legit three Chemist Warehouses in the mall then another a few blocks away. Priceline states they sell them, but I'm yet to see them in store. Same with Big W as I can never find them even at the big stores. It's not like shops don't stock Lip Smacker, the range is quite big in most chemists and department stores.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
    This is a great monthly faves I loved the Cosplay challenge so much,
    Dream Ami is so great I love her music and her style Try Everything is my fave song,
    That cover is so cute but it looks quite claustrophobic Haha,
    I don’t use many lip products I use Blisteze which is great but I’m not sure if you have that in Australia,
    Halloween is quite big in England,
    Thanks So Much :) X .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean Blistex? We definitely have that here, you see it in most shops. I've only ever used their Ultra Lip Balm for outdoor sports or when using a pool because it's SPF 50+. I find Blistex can be a bit heavy on the texture, but I'd like to try out the one in the egg ball thing.

      Delete
    2. Hi Marzi it’s Jo,
      Oh yeah I forgot it changed names, I’m stuck in the past Haha,
      You’re right It is a little heavy on the lips but it works wonders as I get cracked lips when it’s cold and it’s freezing in England right now so I had to buy some,
      I haven’t seen the Egg Ball it sounds cute I’ll keep a look out for it,
      I also recently found a great hand cream as I get dry skin when it’s cold too, it’s Mango Vera from Triple Lanolin not sure if you can get hold of it in Australia but it’s really great love the scent too,
      Thanks So Much :) X .

      Delete
    3. I've found the Lip Smacker ones best for bad lips, others just don't work as well for me. For hand creams, I only ever use Garnier Hand Intensive 7 Days Hand Cream SOS Repair for Dry to Extra-dry Hands. It's water proof and works really well because I get extremely dry hands. But Garnier stopped making it so I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out as no other hand cream works as well for me and I can't use scented stuff.

      Delete