Wednesday 21 November 2018

Orange Caramel The Fourth Single My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 - Single Review

This week's music review will look at one of my all time favourite groups Orange Caramel! Sadly we will be looking at the final single they released before their hiatus (which we won't discuss because we lost an amazing group *sad face*). Orange Caramel is the sub-unit of the amazing group After School (current status also unknown but most likely disbanded but Pledis won't admit it) and the group's thing was quirky and unique concepts. So let's take a look at My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 from the group!


My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 was the fourth Korean single released by Orange Caramel and came out in 2014. The single is the same size as Catallena which was the groups previous release and is about medium size. The single includes the following contents:

  • CD- 2 track single
  • Photobook
  • Photocard 
The design of the single is inspired by Where's Wally (or Where's Waldo in some countries) and the group collaborated with Where's Wally for the concept of the single and MV for My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요. My favourite shoe brand in the entire world Skechers also collaborated with the girls for the single and I even brought the same shoes the girls wear in the MV because of it. I was quite excited to find the exact pair on sale at Skechers once and told the girl where I had seen them before (she must've thought I was nuts). The single has this groovy holographic effect to it when placed in the light and this is a cool little touch to the design. The girls are featured on both front and back cover in their Where's Wall inspired outfit and the design is similar to the group photos from previous Orange Caramel releases. Tiny copies of the girls in different poses are scattered about in the background and the track listing is listed on the back.





The single interior has the famous Where's Wally red stripes and the CD is held in place with a small felt button. This is your typical CD holder for most K-Pop releases, not my favourite but it always looks simplistic. The photobook and photocard are tucked into a holder on the right hand side. The glue on my copy of the single has actually dried out and the holder has come off. It did this a short while after I got my album and I just haven't glued it back in place yet.





Orange Caramel photobooks are one of my favourites as who doesn't love high quality pictures of their favourite group! The photobook is a great size and has plenty of photos of both the group and individual member photos. Member thank yous and production credits are also included in the photobook.














Photocard time and I got Lizzy!!! OMG so excited about that as she's my bias and one of my favourite idols. I always love getting her cards and I love how elegant yet quirky this card looks. It's a large sized card on a cardstock style paper so it's nice and sturdy. The back has the Orange Caramel logo on it and lots of blank space for some reason.

Lizzy's photocard for My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 


My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 only contains two songs which is normal for a single release. The single contains My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 and The Gangnam Avenue 강남거리 which are both top songs. My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 is a funky pop song with a upbeat crazy saxophone sounding rift. The Gangnam Avenue 강남거리 is a dance style song perfect for getting ready to party. I shall take this moment to express my disappointment for the lack of instrumentals. They are one of the main reasons I love Orange Caramel, they have the best instrumentals. So disappointed this and Catellena didn't have instrumentals included as it wouldn't of been too hard to put them on the CD.


I got my copy of Orange Caramels's Fourth Single My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 as a gift from a friend when they visited Japan. They also got me a poster with it which has the girls in the same outfit as the single cover. There is also a Taiwan release of My Copycat which is includes a DVD of the MV. Not sure if I'll collect this or not as you don't get anything exciting extra with it that isn't available on Youtube.

Here is the MV for both My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 and The Gangnam Avenue 강남거리. At least we can thank their company for giving us MV's for both songs on the single. My Copycat 나처럼 해봐요 has such a fun MV as you have to spot all the differences and the outfits are pretty cute too. I've included two performances of the song as well as the group performed the song in cosplay which is worth seeing.






No comments:

Post a Comment