Wednesday 14 November 2018

After School Lady Luck/Dilly Dally - Single Review (CD+DVD Live Edition)

A few months back I received a large order from Japan containing a stack of After School singles and albums. The group's fourth single Lady Luck/Dilly Dally was one of the singles I received so I know have all three editions of the single. I reviewed the CD Only edition of the single earlier this year and you can read about it here! The editions of the single are quite similar so this review will be along the same lines as the CD Only review. So let's take a look at the CD+DVD Live Edition of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally from After School.


Lady Luck/Dilly Dally CD+DVD Live Edition & Jung-A's photocard

Lady Luck/Dilly Dally comes in three editions: CD+DVD MV Edition, CD+DVD Live Edition and CD Only. All the editions have a similar colour scheme and design and the DVD editions only include two tracks where as the CD Only edition includes the extra track Slow Love plus instrumentals for all three songs. I brought my copy of the CD+DVD Live Edition second-hand from Japan and the seller included a photocard with the single. My copy of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally included the following contents:

  • Jewel Case
  • Cardboard Sleeve
  • Plastic Sleeve with promo sticker
  • CD- 2 track album
  • DVD - Contains First Japan Tour 2012 ~PLAYGIRLZ~ Document Movie and 2 live performances
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Photocard

Lady Luck/Dilly Dally CD+DVD Live Edition & Jung-A's photocard

This edition of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally features the same beautiful pastel design as the other editions and features the girls in the same outfits. The cardboard sleeve and jewel case cover have the same image on them. I prefer what Dream Ami does with her releases with the jewel case has a different photo. The back covers do have different colour patterns and the cardboard sleeve contains detail about the single including DVD information. My copy came with the original plastic sleeve and if you've read my other J-Pop reviews, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of plastic sleeves. The sleeve still had the promo sticker attached which contains information on the commercials that used the songs.



Back covers of the cardboard sleeve and jewel case

Lady Luck/Dilly Dally Promo Sticker

DVD and single information for Lady Luck/Dilly Dally

The jewel case interior is just like the CD Only version and the CD is the same pastel pink tone. The DVD is this stunning blue/lilac colour and fits nicely into the double sided plastic insert. I find jewel cases from Japan to be quite sturdy compared to double sided ones I've had in the past. Nothing worse than a broken double sided jewel case as they are impossible to replace.

CD of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally


DVD of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally

CD & DVD of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally

Just a simple lyrics booklet for the CD+DVD Live edition. It contains the lyrics for Lady Luck and Dilly Dally which are the two tracks on the CD. Love the font of the titles as it matches the feel of the album.


Lyrics booklet

The seller I brought the single from included a photocard which was lovely. I actually got two photocards for Lady Luck/Dilly Dally as I got three editions of the single. I'll post the Jung-A one as the card I received for the CD+DVD Live Edition. Stunning card as usual! After School has the best Japanese photocards honestly. They have amazing artwork/designs on the back and the photos are always high quality. The other card I received was Lizzy so here is a photo of them together with Juyeon's card which I already had.



Jung-A's Lady Luck/Dilly Dally Photocard

Lady Luck/Dilly Dally Photocards - Lizzy, Juyeon and Jung-A

Onto the content of the CD which only contains two tracks - Lady Luck and Dilly Dally. I talked about the songs before in my CD Only review and that Dilly Dally would be my favourite from the single. The DVD is your usual J-Pop release with this edition containing the Live footage and the other edition containing the music video content. The DVD is enjoyable to watch and it's great to have a live performance of Dilly Dally as it's one of my favourite songs. Here is a photo of the DVD content listed on the back of the cardboard sleeve.


DVD content of the CD+DVD Live Edition of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally

As I mentioned before, I brought my copy of Lady Luck/Dilly Dally second hand from Japan. You can still find this edition brand new on Japanese online music stores but it is currently out of print on YesAsia. I'm excited to have all the editions of this single as it has one of my favourite designs and aesthetics out of their Japanese releases. Here are all the editions together along with the two photocards I received in the order.


Lady Luck/Dilly Dally CD+DVD MV Edition, CD+DVD Live Edition & CD Only Edition

As usual, I shall end with the MV of the title track from the single. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment