Friday 28 April 2023

After School The 6th Maxi Single 첫 사랑 Cheot Sarang - Single Review (Lizzy Version)

After School is a popular group here on Marzipan Wonderland and I've reviewed a number of their releases previously. Well today I am back with yet another After School review and this time it is their sixth single 첫 사랑 Cheot Sarang. The single and sites on the internet lists this release as a maxi single. According to the KpopFandom wiki, there are only a few k-pop releases that are called maxi singles and I have no clue what the difference is in regards to regular singles. I'm guess it means the size of the album or content as this particular one is quite massive. Anyway let's get into the review!


첫 사랑 Cheot Sarang or it is also known as First Love, is the sixth single from Korean girl group After School. It is referred to as a maxi single like the group's previous single Flashback was. The single was released on March 25th 2013 and came in eight versions with one for each member. I brought my copy of the single second hand and was lucky enough to score the Lizzy version who is one of my biases in the group. All the member covers look amazing though especially E-Young who I kinda low key want now. The single came with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track single
  • Cardboard sleeve
  • Photobook
  • Member postcard (Random 1 from 9 types)





Everyone who was a k-pop fan back in 2013 will remember the amazing concept the group had for this release. After School was such an amazing group that covered a wide selection of concepts and always went above and beyond for their releases. Whenever I post an After School review, I get sad at how the group was just forgotten and didn't get a final farewell. It was a messy end and hopefully the girls are doing wonderfully now. This photobook is huge and you get a good amount of photos inside. It was rather tricky to take photos of so that is why I haven't got too many. Because my single was second hand it didn't come with the member postcard but I imagine this version would've had Lizzy's card.





















For a single you get an amazing six tracks on this one! And none are the instrumental so you are getting all original content. The first track is an intro style song and isn't super long. I used to listen to this album from start to finish all the time when I was travelling into town for study. There was something about it that had me hooked and now if I listen to it, I still play it from track 1 to six as it is the best experience. There is another version of this single that was released in Taiwan that came with a bonus member file and DVD. That would be a lovely addition to the collection and I find the Taiwan versions quite interesting to see how they differ the cover art to the original releases.

  1. 8 Hot Girl
  2. 첫 사랑 Cheot Sarang
  3. Dressing Room
  4. Time's up
  5. Love Beat
  6. 화장을 하다 울었어 Makeup & Tears / Jung-A & Raina

Even though this single is now out of print, you can find a few second hand copies around easily. There was a few listings on eBay when I wrote this review. Some even show you which member it is and I even saw ones brand new sealed. Crazy to think people have brand new K-pop albums from 10 years that are in great condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment