Sunday 30 December 2018

My K-Pop Collection 2018

The other week I posted my J-Pop Collection for 2018 so it's now time for my K-Pop Collection for 2018! I only brought a few new additions for my K-Pop collection this year as I was focusing more on Japanese releases. Most of the new K-Pop albums and singles I got this year were releases from 2018 and others were cheap ones I came across. Just like with my J-Pop collection post, I'll be listing everything at the end as well as any reviews I have posted of the albums and singles. So here's a picture of all my K-Pop albums and singles and boy was it a pain to get them to sit up for this. I think next time I'll have to find somewhere bigger for the photo or take separate ones as K-Pop releases are much larger than standard jewel cases.



First off is something I haven't posted about on Marzipan Wonderland yet. Last month I brought a Crayon Pop single that I had been wanting for ages. It's the groups 4th single Bar Bar Bar and it's hard to come by. Most copies I usually see were quite pricey however I got this one for 950JPY from Japan. So excited to add this to my Crayon Pop collection as they are one of my favourite groups. No other additions to my Korean Crayon Pop collection so here's a quick picture of all the releases together.



The one I.O.I release I was missing from my collection was re-issued earlier this year so I picked it up for my collection. The mini-album I got was Miss Me? which is the groups second physical release. I think Chrysalis still has my favourite packaging out of the three but it's the hardest to store for me. I always have it standing up because it's difficult to put in my bookshelf on it's side with other albums.



Added a new group to my collection this year and that was WJSN! I've always kinda been interested in the group but not on a serious level. I got the groups 1st Album Happy Moment as a random buy into town one day and the Dream Your Dream mini album was a purchase from Japan. I mainly picked it up as it was incredibly cheap and I was interested in collecting the groups releases. I've actually ordered their first mini album Would You Like? and it should be here next month.




Just quickly here is my Girls Generation collection with the new addition of the Party single. I brought this cause it was super cheap on Amazon Japan and I do love Girls Generation. Planning on collecting all their Korean and Japanese releases one day. I have them all digitally but not in physical form.



2018 was the year of MOMOLAND for me as I became quite interested in the group and picked up three of the Korean releases. Honestly I just love their album designs and they have my favourite photobooks ever. I think Welcome To Momoland is my favourite album design ever and it's just the perfect size. In 2019, I need to get Freeze and Wonderful Love next and hopefully whatever releases the group brings out in 2019.



Can't forget about Afterschool of course! They had the biggest Japanese haul of 2018 which is also came with some Korean releases from the group. Cheot Sarang 첫사랑 (First Love) would be my most played release this month and I love all the tracks on it. I was so excited to get the Lizzy edition of the mini album as she is one of my favourite idols. Virgin is another great release and the title song has been playing non-stop in my car lately.



And here is the last few random purchases of this year that didn't fit with any other group. The KARA one was a lucky find in a book shop as was the Pungdeng-E one as I got that super cheap of YesAsia. Nature and CocoSori make up the other two releases in the photo with the Nature one having such gorgeous packaging.



So here is a list of my K-Pop Collection as of 2018. I've listed any reviews I've posted of releases as well.


There are a few K-Pop releases that I'm planning on collecting in 2019. Whatever MOMOLAND releases would be a given and their other releases I'm missing. I already have two new Korean albums on the way which are WJSN's 1st Mini Album WOuld You Like? and April's 2nd Single MAYDAY. These are two that I've been after for a while so I'm excited for when they arrive. Planning to focus more on the Japanese release side in 2019, but here are the Korean releases I'd love to collect next year:

  • MOMOLAND - 2nd Mini Album Freeze - Love the title track and other songs and hoping the photobook is amazing (I know it will be).
  • MOMOLAND - Wonderful Love - Now this is a Kihno release and I'm not a fan of those. But you do get a photobook so that's a positive to cancel out the annoying Kihno release.
  • WJSN - 2nd Mini Album The Secret - For my new WJSN collection of course.
  • WJSN - 3rd Mini Album From Wu Ju So - Same reason as above plus love the songs.
  • Girls Generation - 3rd Mini Album Hoot - Gotta have a new Girls Generation addition each year!
  • Pristin - SCHXXL OUT - I'm super into this group and love We Like! I know most people hate it but I'm obsessed with the song.
  • Afterschool - Pretty much all their Korean releases I'm missing. I've been going through a Afterschool phase at the moment and I'm in love with their tracks. Been listening to them more than E-girls (omg shocker!).
  • AOA - Anything from them really as I'm quite into the group and would love to collect their discography.
  • KARA - For my KARA Collection of course which I hope to complete one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment