Saturday 8 December 2018

Recreating Modelling Jobs - Part 2

A while ago I made a post about recreating the modelling jobs from Fashion Forward in Styling Star. Well I got around to finally recreating some more outfits from my old modelling jobs. And somehow this time I ended up creating outfits that all had the same hairstyle. Boy I knew I liked that hairstyle, but I didn't know I liked it that much. I used to use it all the time in Fashion Forward but not so much in Styling Star.

This first photoshoot is one of my favourite ones from Fashion Forward. THe theme was 'Your Happiest Day' and I decided to go with a dress I designed for a commission request. It turned out to be one of the best items I made in the game and worked perfectly for the romantic theme.



So for the recreation, I made the dress again in Styling Star. Lucky the game still had the exact design and pattern in the game so I was able to match it perfectly. Only problem though is that you cannot wear necklaces with some designer items. Whenever I tried to add on the necklace, it removed my dress. So I had to go without but it looks stunning still. You may notice the hair doesn't match and that's because I could not figure out which shade it was and I was being totally colour blind trying to figure it out late one night. I settled on the hotel pool for the photoshoot as the Lovers Bell isn't in Styling Star. Same frame was in the game so that was an easy match.





Next up is the 'Fill The Town With Jazz' request which saw me create this chic ensemble. No idea why I thought chic meant music when bold may have been a better choice. And look, I even loved these Enid Chen glasses in Fashion Forward.



All the items from the outfit are included in Styling Star so it was a simple recreation. The poses match pretty well, Fashion Forward seems to angle the camera when you take photos for some reason. I only really noticed until I started comparing photos from the two games and honestly they should've added a rotate option in for players to use themselves. The same music themed frame was in Styling Star so another perfect match!






Here is the 'Coffee's Alluring Aroma' modelling job which I took on a completely orange feminine themed outfit for. I must've ran out of ideas to do this but the outfit kinda works. Love these jumper coat things from Chorale and like the only pants from Chorale that I like.



All the items from this outfit were in the game as well so it was easy to recreate. I couldn't really work out the make-up thought. Seems the mascara option has slightly changed in Styling Star and I wasn't able to get that small flick on the side with the current options. I also couldn't figure out which pose I used for the last shoot because of the angle. Something with the arm up but I couldn't see what the other arm was doing to match the pose up. Another matching frame and I used the current cafe location for the photo shoot.





This modelling job was titled 'The Ultimate Photo' and for ages I had this saved on my computer but couldn't remember the modelling job title for my guide. I ended up figuring it out eventually and was confused at why I chose such a basic girly outfit for a big shoot for the ultimate photo.



I quite like this outfit by itself as it's quintessentially girly and has some items that I adore. In Fashion Forward, I was super into using these brown pants and berets and would put them in most outfits. The items still look stunning in Styling Star and I need to use these inners more! I was able to match the poses and frame up perfectly and the final result is gorgeous.





The final modelling job recreation for today is the 'Reading In Autumn' modelling job. Originally I went for a feminine inspired outfit for the photoshoot with my famous side swept hairstyle which I'm now realising I've overused to death.



This was an easy outfit as I only had to copy the top half of the outfit as you cannot see the bottom half in the original photos. I struggled with copying the poses for this one. The first pose has swapped sides in Styling Star and I believe the second pose is angled originally. The final one I had no clue about as it may be a special pose as my character is sitting close to those chairs.





4 comments:

  1. I think the reason why you couldn't get the small flick was because you chose different eyes. Not all eyes have the small flick. Unless you choose different eyes, you'll never be able to get that small flick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing that bugs me about Styling Star, you have to have certain eyes to get different mascara effects. You could easily get the flick with one of the mascara choices without having to change your eyes in Fashion Forward.

      Delete
    2. It's kinda the same with Fashion Forward. I mean, like, not all eyes have the small flick. But the difference between Fashion Forward and Styling Star is that in Fashion Forward, there are more eyes with the small flick, but in Styling Star, there aren't that many.

      Delete
    3. Yeah it kinda annoyed me when I saw the mascara options and how you couldn't do the small flick anymore as I like that look for more natural looks. I'm pretty boring with the eyes in games, used the same ones in Animal Crossing for all the games so far haha.

      Delete