Wednesday 6 December 2023

MODEL Debut3 #nicola Play Journal - Another Fashion Game

The next installment in the MODEL Debut #nicola series was released last month and my copy finally came from Japan. The game came out the same day as Fashion Dreamer which is amusing as they are quite similar games and both belong to the fashion genre. I've played a fair bit of the second game in the MODEL Debut series so it will be interesting to see what has changed in the new game.

First off the game has a new look to the graphics and has a more modern look. Not as cartoon like as the second game had which I quite liked. Everyone in this new one looks like their wow factor has been increased especially with the facial features. There was a few face options to pick from and then like a billion types of eyes! So many to pick from and I couldn't decide on one. One new cool feature is being able to pick two hair colours and you can make a nice gradient effect.




Here is the character I made for my game and I went with the name Marzipan. In the previous game, I could use Japanese characters for the profile however this one would only let me input English. Even changed the keyboard to Japanese and I guess because I have a Australian console, it was locked to the UK spelling. At least I'll know when NPC's are referring to my character.


I went with a simple preppy look for starting out and the cardigans sit nicely on the characters. Some fashion games can make them look stiff. The pink is quite cute and I've been really into this shade in Fashion Dreamer as well. Taken way too many photos in that game of my pink themed outfits.




Onto the photoshoot aspect of MODEL Debut and I love the improvements that have been added. Way easier to move through the menus by using the L+R buttons where as before you had to go up and down between sections. This also applies in other menu selections like clothes or makeup and makes gameplay much simpler. You can also adjust your character pose more and even move layers around in the photo. So far this improvement has been the biggest thing for me in the game and has definitely cut down the time I spend making pictures.




Made this cute photo for my profile and modelling debut and it turned out great! A bunch of new stickers have been added and I like the new designs. Usually I find the words don't work too well for some photos, but this one turned out nice!


Finally came across the game map and honestly I'm not a fan. I prefer the cute look it had in the second game and this one kind of reminds me of a Pokemon game or something. It's just very boring and I won't be spending much time here anyway so whatever.


I went over to the offices of Nicola magazine and this part is similar to the previous games where you get assigned jobs. Each job has a theme and requirement which is easier to figure out from the keywords given. I found it quicker to complete jobs with the new menu layouts and when I say quicker, I still spent way too long figuring out the best pose and backgrounds. Always takes me like 20 minutes to do a photoshoot as it is fun to find the perfect pose.




The first modelling job was an easy one with the theme of a floral skirt that has a feminine feel. The search function is similar in this one and it was easy to find the keywords for the outfit. The game does tell you if you have made the wrong outfit which is always helpful. Because I've done that more than once. Love how you can adjust the hair and makeup during the photoshoot as I never did that in the previous game. I don't think you could or maybe I never found that menu.





There is a new final score screen and it is important to the overall goal of the game. Over the course of three years, you need to increase up to rank S along with your followers. At the big fashion show, you need to gain the title of the model of the year. I like that there is a big task to achieve as Fashion Dreamer was a bit of a let down with no overall ending. Even New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star was lackluster without the fashion shows aspect. Looking forward to playing the game to see how many followers I can gain!







After finishing the photo shoot, I went to a concert held by a character I encountered earlier on in the game. He is a musician who invites you to take part in his music video and that is what leads to be being scouted by the magazine. I took a cute selfie with him and you can even name your social posts which is fun. I've been naming them dumb stuff as it doesn't let you input much text.




That is all for the first play journal of MODEL Debut3 #nicola and I'm looking forward to playing more of the game. The photoshoots are my favourite part of the game as there are just so many things to choose! Plus now that you can adjust your character more, I should be able to take some awesome photos. I will still be posting MODEL Debut2 #nicola play journals as I have screenshots saved from there and I enjoy playing the game still. So it will pretty much be two #nicola games and Fashion Dreamer for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment