Saturday 1 October 2022

September Favourites

No clue how we got to the first day of October and like did September just do super quick? One day it was the start of the month and all of the sudden everyone is talking about it being October this weekend. Maybe I was busy and lost track of time. This monthly favourites won't be super exciting as there wasn't too much going on. 

The other day I was shopping with a friend and came across some interesting things. First was this hilarious Shapes themed Christmas ornament we saw in Typo. They had all kinds of cool ornaments but I thought the Shapes one was the best. There was a Chicken Crimpy version too and I wish there was an Original flavour as that is my favourite one. We also visited the Lego store which I had never been to and I can understand why. The prices are insane in there and I would like to know who is dropping $700 on Lego sets. I mainly wanted to look at the spare pieces they have in there as my old Lego set from the 1990's is missing a few. Turns out you cannot buy individual pieces so I'll look elsewhere. The set-up was to fill a container for I think it was $29.99 for a small cup or $79.99 for a large one. It reminded me so much of the candy containers you can fill up at the cinemas.



Gaming

Haven't played many games this month besides a bit of MODEL debut2 #nicola which I am still in love with. I spend way too much time editing my photos and it takes ages for me to complete a job. The game has opened up to more content now and it has lots of fun styling activities. I will be posting some more MODEL debut2 #nicola play journals in October and one of them talks about clothing items in the game. Which I'll give you a sneak peak at with this awesome backpack item you can purchase. So happy to see these in the game as I always thought they would be great in Style Boutique.


Beauty

A few weeks ago I ended up in Priceline and spent way more money than I was planning on spending at Priceline. Isn't that what always happens when you walk into that store? For those not from Australia, Priceline is a pharmacy chain that sells all the typical health and beauty products. They had a promotion in which if you spent $50, you received a gift box. Well I ended up spending that amount because Priceline is sadly not selling I Heart Revolution anymore which was my favourite brand there. Luckily you can still purchase the brand from the Revolution Beauty site. The gift box is lovely and I've been using the lip products quite a lot. The brushes are quite decent as well and work great as spares or backups.



The make-up items I ended up getting were this lovely selection. I have yet to try out the primer and banana baking powder as I haven't had a chance to wear a full-face of makeup yet. But everything else is great. Love the setting spray and red toned Watermelon lip gloss. Some of the lip products are quite colourful on the lips and the Unicorn balms have the most gorgeous scent to them. The Renaissance Flick eyeliner is a miss for me which is sad as I saw so much hype for it. It just isn't as good as the Maybelline Hyper Sharp wing eyeliner which is my go-to! The Sprinkles palette is good and has a good range of shimmers. In fact the whole palette is pretty much shimmers and I find this formula nice to use with brushes.


Music

Now I totally wanted to get Blackpink's new album Born Pink but couldn't find it at JB HiFi. It was running late and I finally found it instore this week. Except they only have the digipack member versions and they were pricey. So pricey that it wasn't worth it as you only get a photobook that is 20 pages long. I don't get it as my other Blackpink albums I've gotten have been cheaper and have giant photobooks and more inclusions with them. Oh well, maybe one day I'll pick it up if the standard jewel case version is released.

In September, I've been on a Franz Ferdinand kick and been listening to their greatest hits Hits To The Head on repeat. Whilst I love all their albums, this one is especially good. I was wondering if they recorded new versions for some of the songs as I swear they sound different to the album versions. Maybe they were special 7" edits or something. Anyway, great album that is highly recommended and if you get the deluxe version, it comes with a lovely photobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment