Wednesday 16 March 2022

Crayon Pop Dancing All Night Single Review - PCSC Edition

After years of searching, I finally found the elusive PCSC edition of Crayon Pop's Dancing All Night single. This thing was a pain to track down and I had almost given up on finding it. Even thought it was a myth! I had only seen a few photos online of it on Japanese and Korean blogs. I eventually came across this copy late last year by putting in different search words. All that matters is that I finally have it for my collection (ahhhhhhh!!!).

Crayon Pop - Dancing All Night PCSC CD+GOODS Edition

Dancing All Night is the second Japanese single from the most awesome K-Pop group ever Crayon Pop!!! The single was released on November 18th 2015 and was released in four editions: Limited CD+GOODS, Limited CD+DVD, Regular Edition CD Only and Limited PCSC CD+GOODS Edition. I already own the Limited CD+GOODS and Regular Edition and the main reason I'm colleting this single (besides being a huge Crayon Pop stan) is for the covers. I adore the poses on each one and I just had to get my hands on the PCSC for the amazing cover. The edition does comes with a knit cap but the listing I brought omitted it. Wasn't too fussed about that as this CD is rare to find and I already have the knit cap from the other edition. I hope whoever has that knit cap from this CD treasures it and I'm sure they are a big Crayon Pop to even own this edition. My copy of this single only came with the following:
  • CD - 4 track single
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics Booklet


The cover of the PCSC edition is just too adorable! The pose matches the Super Mario theme of the outfits. It is my favourite cover between all four editions and I love the berets the girls have on. The back cover has another photo of the girls in a different pose and Pony Canyon (the groups' Japanese representative company) did an amazing job with the photos of this single. There are lovely shots of the girls on different pages and you don't get any boring blank spaces.



On the interior of the jewel case, there are two new photos of the girls! The Limited CD+GOODS edition has the same photos on the interior which I can understand as they are pretty much nearly identical edition wise. Only the cover photo is exclusive to the PCSC edition and from photos I found online, the OBI is a different colour to the Limited CD+GOODS edition. CD design is nice and simple and very on point for Crayon Pop.




The lyrics booklet is nice and simple with two images and the song lyrics. One aspect I like about this lyrics booklet is that the lyrics are colour coded to the member singing the lines. I haven't seen this in too many Japanese booklets and it was a nice touch. Since this release is a single, there isn't much content to the booklet and some production information listed on the last page.





The single contains two songs and their accompanying instrumentals. The first song is Dancing All Night which is a upbeat song in the style of 8-bit music (well that's what it reminds me of). Crayon Pop's Japanese releases are unique just like the group and it's a shame they didn't release many Japanese songs that weren't remakes of Korean tracks. Which is what the other song on the single is - the Japanese Version of Uh-ee. Now when I first heard this song, I couldn't stand it but now it's my jam! The lyrics translate to Japanese in an amazing fashion and only makes the crazy song that is Uh-ee even better. The track listing is the same across all editions:
  1. Dancing All Night
  2. Uh-ee [Japanese Ver.]
  3. Dancing All Night (Instrumental)
  4. Uh-ee [Japanese Ver.] (Instrumental)


Here is my Dancing All Night single collection at this current moment and the only release I'm missing now is the Limited CD+DVD Edition. This set looks so pretty all lined up together and is one of my favourite concepts. Well I love all of Crayon Pop's concepts and cannot believe how long it has been since they disbanded :( I do have the knit cap that comes with the Limited Goods edition but didn't have it present in the photo along with the OBI.

Dancing All Night Regular Edition, Limited CD+GOODS Edition & PCSC CD+GOODS Edition

Dancing All Night Limited CD+DVD Edition


After all this time, I'm happy to have finally found this single for my collection and it now lives alongside my other two PCSC editions of ラリルレ Ra Ri Ru Re. Cannot believe I found those either! Why are the best covers always the rarest editions? The single is now out of print and is only available second hand. This particular edition isn't listed on Pony Canyon anymore and of course being a Japanese release, it isn't available on most streaming sites. Don't forget to check out the MV for the single here! The entire thing was shot in one take so it's worth the watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment