Saturday 21 August 2021

K-Pop Haul - TWICE & Oh My Girl

My first K-Pop haul for 2021 is here! I've been taking a break from buying albums recently due to shipping costs and storage constraints. As my co-worker loves to say 'treat yo self!' so I decided to do just that and ordered some albums! I got these as imports through JB HiFi and it only took a few weeks for them to come in. I wasn't able to purchase them due to lockdowns which is understandable because safety is important. I picked them up recently and it was exciting to open all the goodies! The three releases I got are TWICE's 5th and 8th Mini Albums and Oh My Girl's 3rd Mini Album.


Never thought I would own so many TWICE releases! Like years ago when they first debuted, I enjoyed their songs but wasn't a group I thought about collecting. Their releases are quite easy to get hold of so it was only time. I already have a few mini's and Japanese singles from the group but wanted to build on my collection. I really wanted to get Yes or Yes but it wasn't available for order. So I went with some other mini albums that I enjoyed. You don't get to pick which version you get through JB HiFi as the supplier sends a random one. The first TWICE release I got was their 8th Mini Album Feel Special. Originally I wasn't planning on getting this one but after doing some research, I quite liked the album design so I decided to get it for my collection. I got given version B which is my favourite of the three as I love the outfits. A very early 2000's feel because I remember having clothes like this back then. Photocards galore which is typical of TWICE and you get some member specific items. I'm happy to get any member of the group as they are all so beautiful. Love that you get 6 photocards as my new photocard album which I posted about here has exactly 6 slots on each page. Now Feel Special can have it's own special page!


TWICE's 5th Mini Album What Is Love? was the other release I got and I really wanted this one! All the songs on this mini are great and I love the title track. Plus this release has cute packaging and design. I was happy with either version for this release and I ended up getting version B. It's quite smaller than their other Korean releases I own. A bit shorter than More & More but thinner in size. This mini includes stacks of goodies! I was surprised when they all came out! The Nayeon card is my favourite with her costume from the Princess Diaries. Another 6 photocards to make up a complete page in my photocard album.


A new group has joined the collection! Oh My Girl has joined the club with their 3rd Mini Album Pink Ocean. I've actually been wanting to get this album since it came out as I was mental over the pink colours of this release when it got announced. I was super obsessed with Liar Liar when it first came out as well as the Chinese version. I never ended up buying the album as it was pricey and usually brought something more important on my wish list first. So when I saw this available for order for a decent price, I thought why not? It's one of those cardboard sleeve box style albums which I'm not hot on. They always get damaged or items fall out of place during shipment. Along with the photobook, you get a photocard and postcard with the mini album. The photocard is a cute idea and I imagine a bit of a pain to collect the entire set. The postcard is pretty and not really my style. I was confused what it was at first until I looked a listing up online of the contents.

Not sure when my next K-Pop haul will be, maybe around Christmas I might order myself something if more interesting titles become available. JB HiFi is expanding their import selection so more titles may pop up. That's the one decent thing about Korean music becoming more global. Makes it a bit easier to get hold of albums. Usually I would order online, but shipping can be a killer and I find it easy to get things in store. If only Morning Glory never shut down, they were the best place to buy albums on the whim. And I loved seeing them in person as it gave me an idea of what the album looked liked. I always get so shocked when I see the size of TWICE releases! All three of these are living nicely on my K-Pop shelf now and I got some great additions to my photobook album too!

No comments:

Post a Comment