Friday 13 August 2021

Daiso Trip & Sticker Haul!

A miracle happened and Daiso finally got stock in!!! I've been visiting the store over the past year and it seems the company got a big shipment of stock in. The store I visited was packed full of stock and I even saw some items I've haven't seen for ages. I could've spent ages just going through everything but I restrained myself and didn't buy too much. The main purpose of the visit was to stock up on stickers and Daiso did not disappoint in the sticker department! There was even some I'd never seen before! I shall share my haul in this post along with all the other stickers I've acquired lately. First let's take a look at what Daiso has on offer! 

Gotta check out the snacks of course! I wish there was a Daiso closed to my workplace so I could eat the cookies & cream and choc banana flavours all the time. Once I tried the hundreds and thousands flavour and it was too die for! Never been able to find it again as I believe it's limited edition. The snack sections at Daiso have shrunk over time and you need to go to the city store to get the better range. I tend to stick to the Pocky or biscuits however Daiso does stock the Poppin' Cookin' sets which are fun. When I made my purchase today, the sales assistance didn't ask if I wanted Koala cookies. They must've run through their supply as they always ask you to buy them.

So many snacks!

Next up was the check out the stationery section for washi tape. I couldn't locate any so maybe they didn't get any in this shipment. I brought a nice set from the store once that had 10 different styles in the pack and I've been searching for it since! No luck so far but hopefully they will get it back one day as there was a green version of the set I want to get. Daiso did have these amusing animal notebooks on display and I've never seen anything like this. It was like a weird squishy cover and everything about them is just so weird. I don't buy any notebooks from Daiso as I'm not a fan of the paper in most of them. I used to buy all my stationery from the Morning Glory stores which stocked Korean brands but they all closed ages ago (still sad about it). Nowadays I get all my notebooks cheap from work as I go through so many and you know, staff discount is a huge selling point haha.

Over in the craft section, there isn't anything too exciting. I usually check out this section to see if Daiso has anything unique or crafty hack things. The pom pom maker looked interesting but I have no use for it. There wasn't any new needle felting stuff either, just the same old stuff I already have. The knitting markers looked cute due to the pastel colour. Mine are fluorescent colours and are super easy to use compared to these. The Disney stamp sets aren't new besides the Zootopia one. I hadn't seen that design yet so it must be a recent release. I have the pink cat one on the right already and a Winnie the Pooh one that is an old style. Stamps are something that are fun to collect, but I find myself not using them too much now. I really should try to incorporate them into my notebooks more.

Had to check out the knick knacks of course to see if any new Shiba's were available. Nope as it's the same two styles I already have. I always check here on the off chance Daiso makes a new one. I got the standing pose one once for a Kris Kringle and then found the matching sleeping one a little while later. They are just too cute and they live on my computer desk looking all adorable. That hedgehog thing was pretty awesome though. Like that would be worth getting one day.

Onto the important part of the visit which was the sticker section and it was finally stocked!! There was even three end caps of stickers!! One had the flake style sets and the other two had the large and medium sized sets. Quite a number of these designs I hadn't seen in store before and it was impossible to pick which ones to get. I always stay away from puffy and 3D stickers as they don't work for well for journaling. I like to buy sets that you get a decent amount of stickers in like those 2 sheet packs which I haven't seen for a while besides the hedgehog set. I couldn't believe it when I saw the shop had more styles of those beautiful gradient masking stickers. I didn't know it came in more styles besides the shells! Totally will be making another trip back to Daiso next time I'm at this shopping centre or the city. Boy I wish they'd open a Daiso near my work so I could go all the time. We have empty shops nearby that are just begging for a tenant and it would be amazing if they went in there!



Time for the sticker haul portion of the post and I've rounded up all my recent purchases for one big section. All of these stickers came from a few different shops both online and in-store. Lately I've been using stickers quite a lot as I've become obssessed with journaling and writing. I use the large sized ones for a larger notebooks and the small sizes for my smaller journal. Daiso is the best place for the smaller ones as I find other stores and Aliexpress tend to usually stock the medium to large ones.

Here are the stickers I picked up on my Daiso trip and I'm excited with this collection. The gradient stickers are beautiful and will match well with the sea shell set I already have. There was another style I didn't purchase which was teardrops but it wasn't a design I was too fond so I passed this time. Decided to get some flake style stickers as I've never really brought these from Daiso too often. But I just couldn't leave behind this cute Winnie the Pooh set! I never followed the character when I was little but I always had Pooh branded items from gifts. So it's just something I've randomly acquired through time and stickers seem like the next Pooh item to collect. Daiso has the best Disney range and whilst we don't get all the cool stuff exclusive to the Japanese stores, items randomly show up every so often. This was the first time I'd seen Pooh ones as the shop usually has Toy Story.  These food themed flake stickers was the other one I got and I brought it for the cats on it. I haven't seen these before and they looked fun for journal spreads. The bread stickers I was on the fence about and decided to get them over a repeat set I already owned. Thought it would be fun for something different as I am yet to have bread themed stickers haha.






Visited Spotlight earlier this week and got two more American Crafts sticker books; the Fantasy Animals book and Magic book. I already own two of these books and I quite like them. You get a good amount of stickers in a variety of styles and sizes. Spotlight sells a good range of them but you just got to find one in good condition. Usually the books are pretty trashed in most stores I've been in. My local store must've just restocked these as they were not on the shelves when I went the previous week. They've also moved all the craft section around and it took ages for me to find these. There was some other stickers I wanted to get but I guess they hadn't been put back out yet as I couldn't locate them. Anyway these two books are very fun and colourful! One is a big more childish with mermaids but it has a nice range of colourful stickers in it. I also hadn't seen these metallic style stickers in my other books so it may be limited to this book. The magic book is very on trend with pretty decals and graphics. I got this one as I liked the colour palette of the book with the pastel tones. Spotlight was having a sale on stickers and that's always when I pick these books up as they can be quite pricey.









Another set I brought at Spotlight is this Shemille Sparkle city Sticker Folder and I got this to try something new. I didn't know what to expect from this and it reminds me of papercraft or scrapbooking. The stickers are made from a thicker paper and have a cardstock feel to them. The set claims to have washi tape which is just some long stickers on thinner paper. The Spotlight online listing states this set has almost 364 stickers which amuses me because how can it be almost? Like does it have 363, 364 or 365 stickers? How can a sticker be almost a sticker? Most of this number is made up of the letter ones honestly. You do get a nice folder to keep the sheets in and it seems this company sells a number of sets like these as I saw them on the end cap with this one.


Been saving up all my AliExpress orders for this post as I've gotten a number of stickers in the mail recently. After being saved on my wishlist for ages, I caved in and ordered a bunch. It's hard buying stickers online as you don't know much about them besides the listing and the photos are usually edited. So it's bit of a risk but hey, I was feeling adventurous. First off is these girly sets which I've had before in a different style. I fell in love with those stickers so I wanted to pick up some more designs. When these arrived, I saw that they have metallic colouring on some of the stickers which I'm not a fan of. It doesn't even line up on most of the stickers and is coming off on some. The stickers were way cuter without this addition and the picture on the listing doesn't show the silver (it just looks like it's pastel or something). I do love this series though so I would get more in the future if the price was good.





Of course I just had to get these Shiba Inu stickers just for the poses with the lead and little rain jacket. Too cute!! They reminded me of Shiba's that I follow on Instagram and I can always do with more Shiba's stickers in my collection. These are similar to another Shiba set I got from Daiso ages ago and if you mixed them together, you probably couldn't tell the difference!



This purple bear set was one that I've had on my wishlist for ages and was intrigued at what the stickers would turn out like. The listing has a bunch of animal and food themed images in a range of colours. I got this purple bear as I like the images included and the tones were beautiful on the stickers. When I opened my order and saw the stickers, I was worried they were those slightly puffy plastic ones from the packaging. But upon closed inspection, they are very flat! The one negative about this stickers is that I cannot for a life of me get them off the film backing. OMG I've never had this much trouble and it took like 3 minutes to remove it. One I even gave up one. Must be something weird with how they cut out the sticker or something. Anyway I love these stickers and will definitely pick up the other designs later on.



Lastly we have these quirky animal ones I randomly brought. I decided to get these because the images were just so bizarre! The green set is one I'm confused about, is it a dog (like a Corgi) or some other animal? I cannot work it out and google translate was no help either. This is a most adorable out of the three and the most normal. I got the cat face set just for the mask one and that should seriously be an entire packet so I can put them on everything! The last set was one I brought for a laugh and wanted the one were it looks like the cat is dancing Gangnam Style. Thought that was great!





That's all my today's post and I'm off to try to fit all of these into my sticker folder. Everything has kind of spilled into the desk drawer and another drawer in a organiser. Will have to work on that as I cannot open that drawer now haha. Something has gotten stuck and might needed shaking out of place. I was pleased with Daiso's range and even the AliExpress stuff was good! There are so many good stickers on there and you can find some unique designs. I think I'm all good stock wise for a while now and will wait until the big AliExpress sale near the end of the year to get some more items off my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment