Sunday 1 August 2021

July Favourites

Can you believe August is finally here? July seemed to be a really long month for me. I guess it was because we had a lockdown and I lost track of the days. I kept working the entire time due to working in online logistics and it was nice to hang out with my co-workers on a casual basis. Luckily the lockdown was only short and everything was able to reopen but with restrictions. It feels like I did a lot of things this month so I'll get right to it!

Gaming
I brought a bunch of Sims 4 expansion packs early this month as I felt like getting back into the game. I've actually been enjoying it a lot and I don't mind Sims 4. A lot of people complain about it, but I find it fun and it's nice to see something different to the previous games. It gets boring with the same thing over and over again and it's interesting to see the unique packs the developers are bringing out. I've been playing the Eco Lifestyle pack the most and been working on different careers. My sim kept getting set on fire by their toilet though which was silly. I think I upgraded it too much so it kept causing fires every time someone used it. Sold it straight away after the third fire!


Reading
This month I've been obsessed with reading and it's all I think about! When I was at school, I wasn't much of a reader and usually avoided it outside of reading sessions in class. After year 12, a friend got my into the Janet Evanovich books which were the only thing I really read for years. But since I got my Kindle, I've been really into it! Like I search for free kindle books and read those. All the ones I've read so far have been great and I even brought more in some series! I quite enjoyed the Bennet Brothers series from Staci Hart and I'm starting the second book in the series soon! Other than the Kindle, I use the Overdrive App with my local library so I can read at work or on the go. The app has a decent selection and I've read some good comic books on there especially Sarah Scribbles who I actually have the first book from.

Stationery
Tried out Daiso for new stickers this month and the selection was not too good. It had actually shrunk since my previous visit and the staff had just spread the stickers that were in stock onto hangers in the section to make it look full. The other smaller sticker section was completely empty! I guess Daiso just isn't getting sticker stock nowadays but I'll try out the city store soon when I'm there next. I did pick up some extras of ones I already had. I'm glad they had one set of the shells as that is one of my favourites and this cute candy/heart themed one that I hadn't seen for ages! I brought it ages ago but could never find anymore packets of it for ages. Maybe this one was hiding in storage?


Sewing
I actually did some sewing this month for the first time in ages! Masks are now mandatory in public places so I needed to make some more for my collection. I already had four I had made plus a Samsung one I got from work. Ended up make three more plus two for friends. The pattern I use is from Keiko Olsson on Youtube/Instagram and this is a lovely pattern that is comfortable and good for Australian weather. I'll post the tutorial below along with a photo of some of the masks I made. I just use scraps of fabric from previous projects and it's a great way to clear out my fabric stash!




Music
This month I've been super into MAX and listened to their entire discography. I love Eurobeat and Japanese music from the 1990's and MAX is both those things! The ladies even brought out a new song this month which I've been obsessed with. For this month's favourite music videos, I'll just post a bunch of MAX video's that I love (that I can actually post and Avex won't region block the link). 





No comments:

Post a Comment