Monday 30 August 2021

August Favourites & Blog Update ♡

August seemed like a long month for me and it didn't fly past quick like everything else has this year. I felt like I got a number of things done this month and had some fun experiences. Made a list for everything I wanted to post in this month's favourites and there was quite a few things. I will be posting a blog update at the end of this post so please give it a read if you are a follower of Marzipan Wonderland ♡ ♡ 

First up because it doesn't really fit anywhere else are these cute Barbie patches I found! My friends and I were in Big W recently when I came across these. I thought the price was good for three official Barbie branded patches and I've been collecting patches for a future sewing project. Of course I had to have a Barbie one on there as I love Barbie! I was actually looking in the Barbie area as I've been on the search for Barbie So Extra #6. She is impossible to find!! I went looking for her today in a few shops that had the new So Extra line listed on their site but when I got to the stores, they only had older dolls. Going to hit up some other stores closer to work tomorrow and I just know she is going to take forever to find as it took me 6 months to find Doll #3.

Gaming

This month I've been playing my 3DS quite a lot and I've really missed the console. It's so easy to pick up and get into a game. I enjoy playing it for short periods when I'm bored or I get some inspiration for an outfit. I have been playing heaps of Style Boutique which I'll talk more about in the blog update later on. Another game I've super been into is Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop! I actually brought this ages ago and totally forgot about it as I must've gotten my Switch. I remember picking it up on the eShop as it was on sale and it's a fun game to play quickly. The recipes are easy and a bit repetitive, but the deserts are gorgeous! Definitely give this one a try if you are a fan of the series.

Reading

I never thought I would get into reading as much as I have this year! Getting a Kindle has made a huge difference and opening my eyes to the world of ebooks! I never really got the appeal of them but once I spent more time researching titles I was interested in, it was easy to just start books and read them on the go. I've been using my local library app to read ebooks and it has been amazing. I used to use the library a lot but I found it hard to return books once I switched jobs as I wasn't next door to a library anymore. So I thought app would be good and it's the best thing! My library uses Overdrive and it works great on my Oppo phone. I enjoyed reading this book called Paperback Crush: The Totally Radical History of '80s and '90s Teen Fiction this month. The cover looked appealing as it reminded me of Babysitter Club books which the book actually talks about. It was a longer book than I was expecting but I learnt a lot about teen fiction and I never knew there was so many titles! We didn't have most of these here in Australia when I was younger as children's/youth literature is very dominated by certain authors and always deals with gross or weird humour. I wasn't a big reader as a kid but I do remember reading Babysitter Club books from school fairs.

Music

First off I just wanted to share this amusing photo I took. Whilst sorting through some CD's the other day, I was looking at some lyrics booklets in some of them. I came across this hilarious discovering with one of my Bardot CD's. Turns out it was a signed copy someone got signed by the girls! I'm guessing this was at a Westfield because that's where all the celebrity events used to be back then. Just thought it was a funny thing I never noticed!

Been listening to mainly 1990's and 2000's stuff this month as I was feeling nostalgic. Discovered some new favourites whilst listening to random CD's in my car. There was a few Backstreet Boys songs I never knew about or always skipped, so I was surprised when I found out how good they were! One album in particular that I've listening to on repeat is Sophie Ellis-Bextor's greatest hits. I brought this one day when I came across it at JB HiFi and it's the best! Loved her back in the early 2000's and her musical evolution is amazing. It made me go back and listen to her other albums and I've been loving Read My Lips as well.




Blog Update

Haven't done an update for a long time and I felt it was time for a chat. During 2020 I really fell off updating Marzipan Wonderland because I had personal things going on. I lost motivation to make posts some months and there was some difficulties with my computer. 2020 was one of the hardest times I've had in my work life and unfortunately the hard times continued into 2021. Thankfully I was offered a position in another department at my workplace last month which I jumped on taking. Never been happier and it made me realise how much stress I was putting myself under in my old role. Luckily my new position is much more suited to me and I love having zero responsibilities or deadlines!

With my new position, I have more free time for personal hobbies. So I've been able to work on my computer more and get more blog posts out. You may have noticed an influx of posts this month and I've been inspired to update the blog more! The exciting news is that I will be returning to Style Boutique content! Yay! I've been playing the game heaps lately and I've missed it so much :) So I will be posting more Style Boutique stuff on Marzipan Wonderland such as outfits and photos from Girls Mode books. Will try to finish all my challenges I've previously posted like the One Item and Brand challenges. Maybe I'll do some of those 100 Day challenges again as they are quite fun and is a good experience to try new ideas.

Apart from Style Boutique content, I will be continuing on with J-Pop and K-Pop reviews. I'm taking a break from buying new CD's from overseas currently so I will be working through my current collection. Still quite a few Animal Crossing New Horizons play journals to get through and I'll be sharing those over the next few months. Let me know if there is any content you would like to see more of but I'm sure readers are happy that Style Boutique content is back as that is super popular!

A big thank you to everyone who continues to read Marzipan Wonderland and all my readers who stuck with the blog over the years. I know blogging is kind of old fashioned now but I love doing it and reading other blogs too! If only there was a blogging comeback, I actually understand how blogs work! I cannot get my head around the Tik Tok phenomena. Thank you to everyone who made it this far in this month's favourites, I shall see everyone in September! ♡ ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment