Wednesday 2 August 2023

T-ARA 11th Mini Album So Good - Album Review

Considering how much I love T-ARA, I actually don't have many of their releases in my K-Pop collection. Most of their music I brought digitally over the years and never looked for the physical ones. Such a solid discography from one of the best girl groups and their Japanese stuff is amazing as well. I've reviewed some of their Japanese albums before but today will be the first Korean album. Let's start off with T-ARA's So Good mini album.


So Good is the 11th Mini Album from Korean girl group T-ARA and it was released on August 4th 2015. This mini is also known as their 7th mini album as that is the number if you don't count repackages. And T-ARA had a lot of mini album repackages! I've got with calling it the 11th as that is the number stated on the front cover. I purchased my copy of So Good from a Korean store in town which has sadly shut down. I remember being so excited to see it on the shelf as I thought T-ARA wasn't popular enough to be stock here. You don't get much with this release and the contents are limited to:
  • CD - 5 track mini album
  • 80 page photobook



















The CD for this mini album is quite cute with the photo of the group members on it. You don't see many discs with this design in K-Pop albums and that is either a design or budget choice I guess. Honestly all albums released from T-ARA are solid and no faults from me. I quite like their later releases as they included Chinese versions of the songs and I enjoy those. The Chinese version of the title track 완전 미쳤네 So Crazy does contain some parts in Korean. One of my favourite tracks on this mini would be For You which I play quite often. The track listing for the So Good mini album is as follows:
  1. 완전 미쳤네 So Crazy
  2. 完全瘋了 So Crazy [Chinese Ver.]
  3. 우리 헤어진 이유
  4. For you
  5. 완전 미쳤네 So Crazy (Instrumental)


It is crazy to know that this mini album didn't come with photocards! I read that there was smart music cards or those Kihno things. But were the standard album ones cut due to budget or time constraints? I always find it weird when I get albums with no photocards considering they are an important part of K-Pop. And T-ARA is such a big group who has an audience who would want them. Anyway photocard rant aside, you can still order this album if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment