Saturday 5 August 2023

July Favourites

Apologies for the late posting of the monthly favourites for July and you can blame my computer for that one. I think a part in the tower is worn out/broken as the computer is struggling to do anything. Finally got it to load this morning without crashing so I shall try to post this before it dies again. July was a pretty busy month mainly with work. The weather has improved slightly as in its not freezing cold every day. There was one day with some crazy fog and it was a task to drive to work in it. Let's get onto the monthly favourites! Starting off with this cute Gomamon Pop Vinyl I got last weekend! I placed an order as soon as I saw it announced. Not the biggest Pop fan but I do like to pick them up when the figurine looks cute or is some IP that I love.

Gaming

Finally finished my One Year Challenge for New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star. It was a long journey and a lot of screenshots to post. Might take a short break from Style Boutique outfits as I'm worn out from it. I have been playing lots of other games in the meantime. Last month I talked about Pretty Princess Party which I have been playing a fair bit. Not as much as the sequel Pretty Princess Magical Garden Island! I brought it on sale and been playing it every day since. It's basically an Animal Crossing clone where you are on an island and do random activities like fishing, catching bugs and crafting stuff. Absolutely love how easy it is to move buildings and bridges in the game. Animal Crossing needs to get on that level. 

Besides a stack of digital games, I also picked up a few new physical games for the switch. I got the remake of We Love Katamari and Little Friends: Puppy Island. Only played the Katamari one so far and it is amazing. I had played the original one on the PS2 but this port is way better. Always fun to roll around and pick up random stuff. Haven't tried out Little Friends yet however it did come with some cute joy-con grips. They look great on my Nintendo Switch and are quite nice to play with.

Books

July has a been a slow month serious reading wise for me. We were reading The Island of Missing Trees in book club which I am still working on finishing. Quite a nice book and it was an easy read. The book for the next meet is Everyone In My Family Has Killed Someone which is an Australian murder story. I thought it would be cool as I like mystery books but it is quite different from the usual mysteries I read. Only 7% through it the book though so hopefully it gets better. Other than those, I've been reading a lot of comics and graphic novels.

Music

My Red Velvet album came in from my local music store! I ordered this ages ago randomly as I liked the concept of the photobook. Pulled a Seulgi card which is nice as I don't have too many of hers. I usually get Irene or Yeri with Red Velvet albums. Now I only have a Cherry Bullet one on order but I doubt that will come in as I just have a feeling it is impossible to get.

I stopped watching Queendom Puzzle but still voting and following along the show. I just found the episodes boring and annoying sometimes. Currently voting for Dohwa, Elly and Yeonhee as my main picks. Hopefully they make it into the line-up but I think Yeonhee would have the most chance out of those three. Or I have a feeling she will fall at number 8 because this show loves to have her losing all the time even though she is so talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment