Wednesday 9 August 2023

Dream Ami はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai - Single Review (CD Only)

Onto another Dream Ami CD review today and this time it is her single はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai. All her singles and albums had stunning designs and I love the pastel tones. The singles look perfect next to each other especially the earlier ones that had similar colour schemes. This post will look at the CD Only edition of the はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai single.


はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai is the fourth single released by Japanese singer Dream Ami. It was released on March 22nd 2017 and came in three editions: CD+DVD, CD Only and One Coin CD. Dream Ami's physical releases always had such beautiful colour schemes and aesthetics. That was one of the main reasons I would collect them. I brought my copy from YesAsia and the plastic sleeve has a nice promotional sticker detailing the single. The back cover of the jewel case has a different photo to the cardboard sleeve which is a nice surprise. There is a repeat of the back cover image though on the lyrics booklet.











はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai is Ami's first self-written song to be released as a single and the title of the song to I Want to See You Soon in English. An acoustic version of the song was released on May 3rd and was later included on Ami's fifth single. はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai was used as theme song for the movie Hirunaka no Ryuusei whilst the second track Change my life was used in the TV CM for Samantha Thavasa's DREAM COLOR. The lyrics were changed to 'Change my bag' to fit with the brand and I have to say that Samantha Thavasa bags are quite nice. I know e-girls had done a lot of CMs for the brand and I remember Diamond Only being one as I really liked that song. The CD+DVD edition of はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai comes with four tracks and the One Coin just has the title track. The CD Only has the most with six tracks and this single is a solid one. I enjoy all the tracks and feel that Change my life and Alright could've easily been released as singles. Alright! would be my favourite then the other two are pretty equal. The track listing for the CD Only edition includes:
  1. はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai
  2. Change my life
  3. Alright!
  4. はやく逢いたい Hayaku Aitai (Instrumental)
  5. Change my life (Instrumental)
  6. Alright! (Instrumental)

This single is still in print and available to purchase from most J-Pop retailers. The CD Only edition from what I can tell still comes with the cardboard sleeve as I haven't seen any versions around with the OBI like ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella had. So only two more Dream Ami reviews to go with トライ・エヴリシング Try Everything and 君のとなり Kimi no Tonari. I will be posting those another day so please check back if you are a Dream Ami fan like me!


No comments:

Post a Comment