Wednesday 28 June 2023

TWICE 5th Mini Album What Is Love? - Album Review (B Version)

Ok who doesn't love the amount of inclusions you get in TWICE releases!? Just look at this all this cute stuff their What Is Love? mini album comes with! That is what I will be reviewing today as I thought it was time to post some mini albums from TWICE. This is a group that I have a few pieces from and they always look rather lovely on the shelf. The shop I ordered this from was sent a random version and I ended up with the B version. I quite like the cover of the A version but hey I'm happy with whatever just because it's TWICE!


What Is Love? is the fifth mini album from Korean girl group TWICE who we all know by now cause they are megastars. The mini album was released on April 10th 2018 and came in two versions: A and B. I purchased my copy through JB Hi-Fi as a special order and received it in a timely manner. It is always so fun opening a TWICE album to see what extras you get. What Is Love? comes with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track mini album (Random 1 out of 9 member plates)
  • Photobook
  • Photocards (Random 5 out of 90)
  • Scratch card (Random 1 out of 9)
  • Clear postcard (Random 1 out of 9)
  • Random sticker (Random 1 out of 9)
  • Lyrics booklet




























The inclusions for this mini album and pretty much every other TWICE release are wild. There are so many things to collect and it would be a tough time to be a TWICE photocard collector. I got a pretty good haul for all the random elements and was especially lucky to get some lovely Tzuyu ones! Even got her CD-R and I cannot believe TWICE stopped doing these. I thought they would be super popular with fans and it makes the CDs more unique. The other thing I like about TWICE photocards is that all six of them fit nicely on one page in my photocard folder.










One aspect I liked about this mini album is that it has a CD Only exclusive track! Always a fan of a limited edition thing like this. I try to hunt down albums that have CD exclusives or even region exclusives as I love the bonus tracks. The bonus track on this mini album is Stuck and it comes on both versions. Love the title track What Is Love? as well as the follow up song Sweet Talker. This particular era of TWICE was a favourite of mine and there was so many catchy tunes. The track listing for this mini album includes:
  1. What Is Love?
  2. Sweet Talker
  3. Ho!
  4. Dejavu
  5. Say Yes
  6. Stuck (CD Only)

TWICE is one of the those groups that I casually collect and always enjoy adding a new album to my collection. The number of inclusions you get are a big draw card to buying their albums and the photobooks are always gorgeous. I've slowly been adding more of their stuff to my K-pop shelf and I'm not too sure of what to get next. The TWICE releases at my local music store have recently gone up quite significantly in price so I'm hesitant about purchasing anymore based off that. Oh well we will wait and see what happens in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment