Wednesday 14 June 2023

BLACKPINK 2nd Mini Album KILL THIS LOVE - Album Review (Pink Ver.)

Back for another BLACKPINK review with the pink version of their 2nd Mini. I reviewed the black version earlier and it feels so fulfilling when you have a complete set of an album. I don't achieve it often with Korean releases as there is usually a few editions and can be a pricey endeavour. Plus the groups I usually collect didn't do multiple versions. BLACKPINK is one of the few groups where I have complete sets which is only their mini albums but I'm calling that a success.

KILL THIS LOVE is the 2nd Mini Album from Korean girl group BLACKPINK and it was released on April 23rd 2019. The mini album was released in two versions: Black and Pink. Both versions were easy to find through JB Hi-Fi and I purchased them a few years ago. The thing I love about this mini album is that it sits nicely on the shelf and the box is great for holding all the extras inside. Usually I'm not a big fan of box style albums however this one works great. The contents of this mini album are as follows:

  • CD - 5 track mini album
  • Outer Box
  • 52 page Photobook
  • Photozine
  • Accordion Lyrics booklet
  • Photocards (Random 4 out of 16)
  • Polaroid Photocard (Random 1 out of 8)
  • Stickers (Set of 6)
  • Poster (Random 1 out of 4)







































In the last review, I talked about my love for the album but I didn't mention any favourite songs. Which was because I just like them all really. None of these tracks would be my top BLACKPINK songs and they are nice to listen to. I quite like their early stuff like Playing With Fire or their debut single. Their first Japanese album is amazing and I listen to that probably the most out of all their discography. The track listing for KILL THIS LOVE is as follows:
  1. Kill This Love
  2. Don't Know What To Do
  3. Kick It
  4. 아니길 Hope Not
  5. 뚜두뚜두 Ddu-Du Ddu-Du (Remix)

That is all for this BLACKPINK release and I still have a few more of their releases to post. BLACKPINK is one of those groups I'll buy if I see it for a good price and it should be interesting to see the price of any of their future stuff. Their last release which was Born Pink was insanely expensive here so I had to pass. Kind of wish that they did a standard jewel case like the group did with the first album as that was great! I love jewel case releases as the price is ideal if you don't hardcore follow a group but still want to support them and get the music. I'll return in the future with more BLACKPINK reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment