Friday 12 November 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Winter Fireworks

Animal Crossing New Horizons recently had a massive update and so much content was added into the game! I've been playing it a lot and have barely scratched the surface of the new features. Whilst I'm enjoying the new update, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to continue on with my New Horizons play journals. These are old photos from 2020 so they don't contain any content from the new update. First up we have adorable Marshal hanging out by his house which I have placed near this little pond. It's like his own private oasis!


Next up is Marshal again and this time isn't as nice as I caught him in a pitfall seed. Unfortunately he just happened to be the nearest villager to me when I wanted to try the recipe out and he was the poor victim. I used to love trapping villagers in New Leaf in pitfall seeds as it had some great animations. I should really make more and set traps in the annoying places my villagers hang out in to teach them a lesson for sitting in annoying spots I can never find them.



A moment of silence for Mira's house as it just makes me so sad. It doesn't match her character at all and what on earth is it even? Like the dinosaur show is a cute idea but imagine having this as your house. She doesn't even have a bed :(


A few photos now which were obviously Nook Mile achievements as they are so random. The first one I must've taken in someone's island as no area on my island looks like this. Maybe a friend's island? I so love the outfit my character had on at this current time and it always reminds me of Brooke Bridge clothing in Style Boutique.



The next section is just a bunch of Bob photos because he was being amusing and I took a stack of photos of him. There was way more than what I posted! I got a bit carried away! He is just so photogenic and one of the few villagers that actually stays in one spot long enough to take photos of. Every other one always gets up or stops their action as soon as I pull the camera out. There needs to be a camera shortcut for these situations.







Paid off my house loan to Tom Nook around this time! Funny how he says spacious home but the rooms are smaller than New Leaf. Not that I have anything in my house anyway, it's always the last thing I decorate in the game. I like to see all the items before I decide on a theme for each room. The second photo is of Bill commenting on my lovely sign whilst on his walk. I found this cute design online but I've just changed phones so I cannot find the original creator information nor is it on my Pinterest either. Thank you to whoever designed it as it is wonderful! If I do find the information, I shall update this paragraph :)



At first I thought this orchid was a good idea but then I discovered my villagers love sitting in it. I couldn't find Eugene for ages and he was just standing in here singing! Animal Crossing needs some sort of feature like how in the Sims you can view houses with the walls down. Like that but with trees and cliffs disappearing when you walk near them. Drives me nuts having to fiddle with controls to get a view of certain areas.


I can relate to Bob as I cannot stand the cold either. It's been super cold and raining here lately even though it's almost summer! Bob does look cute in his winter get-up and I wish I could change the tone of his outfit to another colour. That would be cool, kinda like a combination of Style Boutique customer requests and Happy Home Designer but for outfits.


Spoke to Frita too much and she got annoyed at me of course. Weirdest game mechanic introduced in New Horizons, like who asked for this? Did a developer think we don't like talking to the villagers? She is kind of onto something as a bigger island would be amazing! If only that would happen and we could have more villagers as I would like to have maybe 5 more so I could get a variety of animals and some random ones I've never had before. The second photo is a silly one I took of Pudge when the screen was fading out. Looks like the end of a movie or something with him looking into the distance of the beach.



I shall finish off this play journal with some snaps from the fireworks festival which takes place in August. I kept forgetting to do it and one weekend when I did play at the time, I made sure to celebrate with my villagers. Everyone looks like they were having fun and Eugene made some amusing comments that night. I'm off to play some more Animal Crossing and I'll be back soon with more posts! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment