Wednesday 3 May 2023

KARA 2nd Album Revolution - Album Review (Regular CD Edition)

Taking a trip back to the 2000's today with a classic album from KARA! This group is one of my all-time favourite K-Pop groups and I have so much of their stuff in my collection. There was a time once in my life when I was all "I'm going to collect every single KARA release out there" and we all know that was a wild dream. If only I could do that as I do love KARA and they have such a good discography that later K-Pop fans tend to pass by. Revolution was an important album from the group as it gave us the iconic dance with 미스터 Mister.


Revolution is the second album from Korean girl group and was released on 30th of July 2009. It came out in two versions: Regular CD Only and a Limited Okinawa Special Edition CD+DVD. The Okinawa version was limited to 5,000 copies and contained a 60 page photobook. I brought my copy second hand on Yahoo Auctions as part of the KARA Special Premium Box for Japan. This Premium Box was a boxed set of the groups Korean albums along with a bonus CD and DVD. Actually the DVD included with the Premium Box is the DVD included in the Okinawa version of Revolution! I'll post about that set another day and it was a steal to find as it can be hard to find complete. The album I got is the Regular CD Only edition and it came with the following:
  • CD - 10 track album
  • Photobook

























Doesn't that photobook just scream late 2000's K-Pop outfits? It is rather nostalgic looking back on it and seeing the KARA girls so early on in their career. This album contains 10 tracks covering 8 songs and 2 instrumentals. The title track for the album was Wanna however 미스터 Mister ended up being so popular that it turned into the second single from the album. The public went crazy for the choreography plus it is just a total banger of a song. I do love Wanna though and I used to play it all the time when I first heard this album years ago. The song 똑 같은 맘 Same Heart was previously released as a digital single under the title 아이뮤지션 Imusician and was used to promote a cell-phone game of the same name.
  1. 미스터 Mister
  2. Wanna
  3. 마법 Magic
  4. 몰래몰래 Secretly Secretly
  5. Let It Go
  6. Take A Bow
  7. Aha
  8. 똑 같은 맘 Same Heart
  9. Wanna (Instrumental)
  10. 마법 Magic (Instrumental)

Crazy to see that this album came out in 2009 which feels like forever ago. I believe some of my KARA CD's would be the oldest K-Pop ones I own and I actually have three copies of their first album somehow. You could guess by the release date that this album is out of print but quite easy to find second hand. The Limited one is harder to get though and I've never seen too many listings for it when I used to search through Yahoo Auctions. KARA actually had a comeback recently for their 15th Anniversary and I enjoyed the new song!



No comments:

Post a Comment