Wednesday 15 September 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Artsy Villager Photos

Even though it is now Spring here, it's still winter in my Animal Crossing New Horizons play journals. These photos are from my backlog of snaps from the game during 2020 and I love looking back at them to see how much my island has changed. I thought we'd start off with two cute photos of my character chilling with the snowboy I just made. Get it? Chilling! I'll see myself out after that bad joke haha. The snowboys look amazing when the light catches their shadow like in this photo. I left this area open so I could have lots of space to create them. The second photo is of Eugene just being Eugene. I caught him staring out into the ocean and took this photo. I love when the villagers do this as it feels more unique than just running around like an aeroplane.



Opened up a new bridge on my island and this one is located by the Able Sisters. My great idea was the have a waterfall by the shop and I haven't done much else with it. It's a bit of a difficult area but I love this small river part where the bridge is by the waterfall that leads off from my house area. All the villagers came out for the bridge opening and today I only have 2 of these villagers left on my island. Amazing how many animals you can cycle through during the early parts of the game.



Welcome to my hoarder house and yes it still looks like this. Decorating my house is always the last thing I do in Animal Crossing and during this moment in the game, I was clearly only using it for storage of DIY's. Aren't DIY's the worst? Like why can't we store them? It would make so many people happier and Isabelle would stop annoying everyone about having them lying around. I'm holding onto these to trade/give to my friends/workmates who play the game.


Convinced Bill to move onto my island as I love him and had his amiibo card. Isn't he the cutest? Kind of reminds me of Daffy Duck which I think is because I've been seeing Space Jam around everywhere. I used to love that movie as a kid and actually wore out my VHS tape of it from rewinding it in the same spots too much. Thank heavens DVD got invented! It was tricky to figure out who to move out for Bill and I went with Alice as her personality was a bit too similar to other villagers I had. She is totally adorable though and I love the koala villagers!





Visited Maple's house and found Pudge visiting too! This pair is just the cutest thing ever and it's sweet when they hang out together. The bear cubs have excellent design in Animal Crossing and I've always been a fan of these two villagers in previous games. I took this hilarious shot of Maple looking at Pudge like it's some soap opera or something.





Bill moved onto Marzipan and his house is amazing as usual! Love the eastern theme and to see the imperial dining table making a return in New Horizons. I had this in my house in New Leaf and it's such a well designed item. Shame it costs over 70,000 bells! If you saw it early on in the game and you didn't have a lot of money, you wouldn't be able to afford it.



Honestly when Eugene wears his winter outfit with that little beanie, he looks like a criminal! Like he is going on a crime spree! That reminded me of Booker and Cooper who used to be in the series. I can't believe they haven't been added into New Horizons along with other characters. Is New Horizons a reboot or something? Is that why Nintendo took out many beloved characters who had clear roles and just gave us crafting instead? I'm not sure a police station would work well on an island. It worked in New Leaf as the city part was attached to your town. Anyway, I've included a few more snaps of Eugene doing some crafting and hanging out by his house. I reckon he is the villager I find doing things around the island the most. He always seems to be somewhere doing...something.





I'm on a mission to move Bob onto my island because who doesn't love Bob? I mainly got his amiibo card so I could share with my friend as she adores Bob. I enjoyed the text that came up when you visit him at the campsite. Very on brand for the villager. He got me thinking if I've ever eaten an ice-cream sandwich and I don't think I have. They aren't popular here where I live and I tend to eat sundaes or gelato if I'm eating out. They look very messy but I'm interested to try one as I love biscuit pieces in desserts and chocolate bars.




I know I say this every single play journal, but Pudge is the best villager ever. He's a little angel and I got this photo of him chilling out with a hot chocolate. What a lovely scenic location by the flamingo and the trash can haha. It would be great if you could slightly move villagers when you ran into them to put them in more ideal locations for photos. Or maybe like a photomode where you could place them around your island? As if that would ever happen! I guess I'm stuck with catching them doing activities and hoping they don't stop by the time I get the camera up. Which always happens :(


Man I took a lot of photos during winter time in New Horizons and looks like the next play journal will be covering the season also! Today's post had some of my favourite screenshots from the game and my love for Pudge will never end. Another villager that is top tier for me and one of my ultimate favourites is Frita the sheep. I know a lot of people dislike this villager, but she's the one I always want. I had her in New Leaf and was so upset when she moved away the one time I stopped playing due to work :( So I got her amiibo card and she'll be moving in soon! How can you hate this hamburger and fries looking sheep?!?! Bonus photo of Bob who is officially a member of team Marzipan! He seem excited to start his new adventure on the island.


No comments:

Post a Comment