Monday 1 May 2023

Dream Ami ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella - Single Review (CD Only)

It has been forever since I reviewed one of Dream Ami's singles and I forgot how beautiful these releases were. The singles come in these gorgeous cardboard sleeves and have a nice matte feel to them. Makes them look so elegant on the shelf and I've even kept the original plastic sleeves on them. Dream Ami is one of those artists where I always ordered her new singles when they came out and I have all eight physical singles she released in the CD Only editions.


ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella is Dream Ami's debut single and it was released on July 29th 2015. Ami was still a member of Dream and E-girls at the time of this release hence the inspiration for Dream in her artist title. The single came in four editions: Limited CD+DVD, CD+DVD, CD Only and One Coin CD. I brought mine from YesAsia as that was where I brought most of my J-Pop years ago. Purchased the CD Only edition as that is the usual one I tend to pick up due to the price point and extra tracks. This edition comes with the following contents:
  • CD - 6 track single
  • Cardboard sleeve
  • Jewel case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Promotion flyers










The CD Only edition of ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella comes with six tracks which is the usual amount for Japanese singles. The other editions of the single come with less and omit some of the instrumentals. ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella is the title track of course which is beautiful song perfectly suited to Ami. Can't Help Falling in Love 〜愛さずにいられない〜 is a Frank Sinatra cover which feels very up her alley as many E-girls songs were covers as well.
  1. ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella 
  2. Can't Help Falling in Love 〜愛さずにいられない〜
  3. マジックタイム Magic Time
  4. ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella (Instrumental)
  5. Can't Help Falling in Love 〜愛さずにいられない〜 (Instrumental)
  6. マジックタイム Magic Time (Instrumental)


One day I dream of owning all of Dream Ami's CD releases as they are gorgeous and I love how there is a beautiful colour scheme with each one. Up until Good Goodbye where the CD only version didn't have the cardboard sleeve and it looks so sad next to the others. I have seen copies of ドレスを脱いだシンデレラ Dress wo Nuida Cinderella in Japan that don't have the cardboard sleeve and come with an OBI instead. I wonder if later prints of the single no longer had the sleeve or maybe it's a first press thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment