Wednesday 24 May 2023

e-girls Mr. Snowman - Single Review (CD Only)

So far on the blog, I have posted one e-girls single review which was Celebration back in August last year. Well I decided it was finally time to chip away at the large amount of singles I own from the group and I took some photos of another one of their CDs. This time we are looking at Mr. Snowman which is one of my favourite singles as it includes the song Move It! -Dream & E-girls TIME-. One of my favourite e-girls songs and I was always disappointed that it was never a single release. At least it later got the special treatment it deserved with being released again with a MV on their album E.G. Time.


Mr. Snowman is the twelfth single released from Japanese girl group e-girls and it was released on November 26th 2014. The single came in four editions: CD+DVD, CD Only, One Coin CD and MUSIC CARD. The One Coin and MUSIC CARD editions were only available through the mu-mo, LDH Mobile store and the E-girls FAMILY fanclub shop. I got my copy second hand through Yahoo Auctions in a bulk lot of e-girls singles and it didn't originally come with the jewel case so I just replaced it. As usual I got the CD Only edition which is the one I always collect from this group. The Mr. Snowman single I received came with the following contents:
  • CD - 4 track single
  • OBI
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Promotional flyer












This single is a pretty solid one as you get two great tracks and it is cool that they have opposing concepts to them. Mr. Snowman is a cutesy winter themed track whereas Move It! -Dream & E-girls TIME-  is a cool dance track. I often listen to this single if I'm scrolling through my MP3 player and yes I still use an MP3 player. I have a special model that is quite fancy and has expandable memory for my giant music collection. Honestly I hate the software on it but it does the job. The CD+DVD, One Coin and MUSIC CARD editions only come with the title track whilst the CD Only edition has the following track listing:
  1. Mr. Snowman
  2. Move It! -Dream & E-girls TIME- / Dream & e-girls
  3. Mr. Snowman (Instrumental)
  4. Move It! -Dream & E-girls TIME- (Instrumental)

Amazingly you can still purchase the Mr. Snowman single brand new! CDJapan has both the CD+DVD and CD Only editions available on their online store or you could always go the second hand route. The MUSIC CARD editions would be a fun however I rarely see the Mr. Snowman ones available for sale. At least that is 2 of the 22 e-girls singles I own posted on the blog and I've made a small dent. The group released 24 singles and I'm missing Pain, pain and 別世界 Bessekai. One day I'll get them and the collection of the CD Only editions will be complete! Unable to post the MV's as they are blocked on Youtube for blogger but you can easily find them by searching for the song titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment