Wednesday 31 May 2023

May Favourites

This month was meant to be the last month of Autumn however the weather has been more like winter. It rains pretty much everyday now and is quite heavy at night. I don't recall it ever raining this much years prior. The rain is nice though but my raincoat is getting worn out and I haven't found a replacement yet. The brand is no longer around and it is the perfect coat so I shall continue wearing it till I find a suitable replacement. Had some time off this month which has been lovely and great to have a short break from work. Been filling my spare time with random activities, one of which I shall mention later!

Beauty

For the last few months, I've been on the fence about getting a particular eyeshadow palette from Sportsgirl. The other day I finally gave in and brought it along with a bunch of other items. I used to wear mostly Sportsgirl branded makeup when I was a teenager so it seemed like a good idea to try it again. I saw this Sweet Sorbet palette on their website and fell in love. However I could never find it at my local Sportsgirl and all the other stores in my state were sold out. This site had 20% off your first order and that seemed like the best time to finally buy it. It is just my style with colourful pastel tones and some gorgeous shimmers. Kind of reminds me of the Winx palette from Colourpop and whilst not a direct dupe, it has some similar colour stories. Haven't tried it out just yet as I haven't had a chance to wear eyeshadow but it swatches amazingly. Also brought two lip glosses as I'm lip gloss obsessed and the one named Y2K is perfect. I just checked the site and looks like it is sold out as I couldn't find it listed anymore.

Music

Had bit of random K-pop purchase this month with this single album from Jisoo. I saw it at JB Hi-Fi before briefly forgetting about it. Then brought it a few days later when I remembered about it. Absolutely stunning and she is one of my biases so it was lovely to get the photobook of her. I only found the red version and I'd have to look around if other stores have the black version.

I went on a big op-shop trek over town last week and picked up a few goodies! CDs are getting harder to find and the selections were awful. Most of the section is bootleg discs or relaxation CDs. Managed to find some good albums and I was pleased with the Human Nature one as I had been hunting it down. I always see telling everybody (which I did buy as it was the 2 disc version) but rarely come across Counting Down. The most surprising find was this Miss A album which I found in the DVDs. I thought that Miss A was a weird movie title and it was thinner than everything else. Then when I pulled it out, it was an actual K-pop album. Only ever found K-pop one other time at an op-shop so I was quite pleased. It was also in good condition and the photobook was all intact.



No comments:

Post a Comment