Saturday 31 December 2022

December Favourites

Ah I cannot believe it is the end of 2022! This month has been hectic and I'm totally over this year. Let's just start 2023 already! Been a busy month and I wasn't able to update the blog as much as I wanted too. It has been difficult lately to write up posts so I think in 2023 I'll take a new approach to the blog. Will still be continuing on with the One Year Challenge in Style Boutique along with more Style Boutique related posts. In regards to music reviews, I love posting them however they aren't as popular as the Style Boutique posts and take more time. So I will continue to post them just not as detailed but there will be lots of lovely photos included! I will eventually get around to posting my J-Pop and K-Pop Collection as I haven't had any spare time to take photos for it. Plus I was hoping my last K-Pop order for 2022 would come in which is a Red Velvet album.

First off, I wanted to post this gorgeous Hermione doll I brought! I've been eyeing her off in EB Games for about a year now but she is always $40 there. I was in BIG W buying some Christmas gifts and she was there for only $15. Absolutely the most beautiful doll I've seen in a long time and she looks so much better out of the box. I have actually brought the matching Luna and Cho dolls too but don't have photos yet. Had to hunt those down but found them for $15 as well during the Boxing Day sales.

Gaming

I have actually been playing my Switch this month! I brought Mario Kart for it after putting it off forever. My friends are quite happy about that and I can finally play with them. E-Shop vouchers were recently on sale so I picked a few up to get some new games on the Switch. Been obsessed with casual puzzle or colouring in games. I wish Crosswords DS got a port onto the Switch as I love that game and it would be perfect on there. Thinking about getting a stylus to use for the pixel colouring games as it would be easier than using the fingers.

Beauty

Colourpop order finally came in and it was amazing! I've tried a few things out so far and I quite like them. The lip creme is really good and I was surprised at how well the colour turned out. I was worried it would be too dark on me. Rock Candy is a great palette and love the formula. I brought this one as I was on the lookout for some darker shades and some good silvers. 




Also decluttered a few palettes this month which felt good. I just had too many and the formulas just didn't vibe with me. The ones I got rid and why are as follows:

  • Australis Mesmerize - I have a love/hate relationship with Australis palettes. Like the Barbie one is amazing and one of the best ones I own. But the Mesmerize one was awful as the formula was different and none of the shades worked on my skin.
  • Revolution X Friends Joey & Chandler - Sad to see these go but they just don't work for me anymore. The Chandler palette I couldn't get any pigment out of half the palette and the Joey one wore off super quick even with primers. I have these shades in other Revolution palettes so it isn't a huge loss.
  • Etude House Wonder Fun Park - Now this was a gift and whilst it is nice, the shadows are too powdery. Just goes everywhere and isn't worth the time. Have these shades in another palette so it's time to go.
  • Maybelline Bungundy Bar - Mostly a palette of duplicates and I wore this one day and couldn't get the results I wanted in terms of colour payout. Not a huge loss as I brought this on sale at Coles of all places.
Music

Forget how in other Monthly Favourites I said that I won't be buying anymore CDs as that was gone out the window. Brought a bunch during the sales as who doesn't love 20% off? I couldn't help myself and got the new versions of the Spice Girl albums. Spice came out a while back and I avoided buying it as it was quite expensive. Then Spiceworld got announced and it was cheaper so I pre-ordered it. Then I thought I can't have one without the other so I ended up buying Spice. And here we are! The Spice one is more detailed and I love the addition of the cards. Spiceworld doesn't have those however the extra tracks are amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment