Wednesday 7 September 2022

MODEL debut2 #nicola Play Journal - Too Cute Poses & Outfits

In my previous play journal for MODEL debut2 #nicola, I started my career off as a model and took a photo for my model portfolio. Today it is time to take part in my first advertisement! I've been enjoying this game way too much since I started playing. So I was rather excited to see how the advert part worked for the photoshoots. To start off, here is the map layout for the game and as you can see not much is available at the start of the game. There is the Nicola company building and you can also access your apartment.


The game sent me to the Nicola headquarters to meet with Chihiro who is the editor-in-chief of the editorial department. She asked me to join the magazine for some work from now on and Shiori was pleased with the news. Both of these characters kind of remind me of Evie from the Style Boutique series. There is a note in the bottom right hand corner that informs the player that photos can be taken with the Y button. I've just been taking them with the screen capture button on the switch which works basically the same.




From this location which is called the Nicola editing department, you can accept various jobs for the Nicola company. The jobs have different themes with these one styling around aspects such as spring time or what my google translate app calls 'glitter bag girl coordination'. I'm interpreting that as a bold inspired look I guess. I selected the one of the jobs which was for a spring time outfit featuring certain clothing items. It required a skirt and top from Hanagara. I'm still 100% new to this so I'm still figuring out what all of this means. It is super fun even though challenging as the search feature is way different to the one I'm used to in Style Boutique. A new tutorial screen appears to instruct on how to use the clothing search feature to find suitable items. I'm slowing getting used to it and have managed to find most themes I'm after.





Honestly I could've spent forever creating an outfit for this first job as there are just too many items to choose from! I selected my items by narrowing down the search terms provided and it only lets you put in a few at once. Style Boutique spoiled us with the eight it allows! I did really love the second outfit I made but decided against it as it felt a bit too edgy or bold for a cute spring inspired look. So I ended up with a floral patterned outfit of course and Chihiro was quite pleased. She will tell you whether or not she approves the outfit before you head to the photo studio.





Some lovely snaps of my outfit for the job advertisement and I love how the outfit matches my hair colour! I haven't been able to change my hair yet so it was a smart choice to go with this colour of clothing. Also I like the way characters hold bags in this game as it looks quite natural and casual. Next I headed to the editing part to choose the aspects of the advertisement. Picking a pose is always fun as is placing all the stickers down. I went with a lot of preselects for this advert as I didn't want to mess with it too much in case it lowered a score or something.






Once the final photo was decided, Chihori will comment on your work and she likes it! It will then show up on a score screen with some information. Seems I got some more social network comments and followers. The money you earn from jobs is also shown along with a tick on the jobs board for that month. Shiori commented that if you perform well, your follower count will increase and special jobs are also unlocked as a perk for reaching certain follower goals.




Onto the second job which was about looking very fashionable! I put together a look that I thought was quite trendy and popular with readers of the Nicola magazine. I've been doing some research on the brand and it looks very cute and fresh. It would be a fun magazine to read but I think I'm way out of their target market not being a teenager haha. Now whilst I do enjoy picking out the outfits, the editing part is super fun as well! It takes me just as long to pick a background as it does to pick clothing! There are just too many options to choose from. I went with a colourful background to match the bright looking outfit on my character.




The next photoshoot was a bit of a fail at first and I got stuck for a while. The request was for a cool outfit with a big top and cap. No clue what a big top was but I clearly failed as Chihori wasn't pleased with my first outfit. At least I knew it would be a cool themed look at least. My first outfit was very stylish and I improved for the second look. I guess big top means like a baggy or oversized top? She accepted this baggy styled tee and no comment on the cap as I couldn't stuff that one up.





Here is where I made another fail with this request! I loved how the advertisement look except I started fiddling with the stickers and accidently moved and deleted a whole bunch. I even moved the text off the screen somehow! Ahh so sad as it looked so good on the menu screen and then bam! Complete nothingness. I had a laugh at my fail though and actually learnt you could move the text as I couldn't figure out that screen earlier.




Back at the model production company, there was a mysterious man to greet me and who could this be? He mentions that he used to be a model as a previous career and I think he is called Shiina. There is some conversation back and forth between Shiina, Shiori and Chihori. MODEL debut2 #nicola does have a romance aspect to the game so I assume this is one of the potential male characters you can date/romance.




There was one more final job for the night and I don't recall what the theme of this one was. Seemed I didn't take a photo of the request. I was actually quite tired as I started playing the game late and couldn't figure out at what stage I could turn it off. No idea if it had a save button or auto save so I was too scared to turn it off as I might loss all my progress. Plus I was super dead from working all day and I must've given up at this point. Turns out once I completed all four job requests, it sent me back to my apartment where it autosaved. This outfit is super cute and very on point for the girly style.





Now that all the four start job requests are completed, the game displayed a message that it is now May! That means more jobs will open and hopefully other styling features soon. I'm so excited to try them out as I know you can change even your nail polish in the game! Shiori asked if I was happy working as a model and I would definitely say yes! It is great to finally have a fashion game on the Nintendo Switch like this! There was another tutorial screen about entering other players model IDs into your game and this is something I will look into the future. I wonder if it is region locked or not considering I'm using an Australian Switch trying to access Japanese players. Hopefully not as this feature seems quite interesting and cool. I will be back soon with more MODEL debut2 #nicola content which should be just a billion photos of the clothes in the game as I unlocked where you purchase clothing items. That is definitely going to mean trouble!




No comments:

Post a Comment