Thursday 1 September 2022

August Favourites

Winter is finally over even though the first day of Spring here was absolutely freezing! It was 7 degrees at my house this morning when I left for work and I was rugged up when I got there too. So over this cold weather and hopefully it will warm up soon with some lovely spring weather. Onto the monthly favourites now!

Gaming

I started a new challenge in New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star this month called the One Year Challenge! I've posted a few outfits already and you can check out the first theme which is hearts here. This challenge looks like it will be a fun one and definitely a challenge to post outfits every week for a year. The current schedule for the challenge posts is on Saturdays (Australian time) and I will make up a page for the challenge soon.

The other gaming news for the blog is that I have started playing MODEL debut2 #nicola on the Nintendo Switch. It is a fashion simulation game from Japan and I love it to death! It is super cute and I throughly enjoy the editing part of the game where you can design your advertisement. I've only posted one play journal so far for the game but I have another one lined up for early September. How gorgeous does my character look in the game? I haven't unlocked different hair colours or styles yet but I cannot wait to change it to something else fun.

Stationery

Headed to the local bookstore in town this month armed with some gift vouchers! I get them through training modules at work and it's a fun reward to pick out a new book. I actually ended up using the vouchers for this adorable Pusheen re-usuable tote bag and sticker set. I'm crazy at Pusheen branded merch and I've used the bag quite a lot. It's great for throwing into a small bag to take with me whilst I go shopping. The stickers are lovely as I didn't have any of Pusheen in my collection yet and they are good quality. The other item I got from Dymocks was this Standard Issue planner notebook which is more of a notebook than a planner. I think it uses the term planner as there are dates available on the pages. The cover is hard and the pages lie open flat when you open the notebook. A very nice stylish notebook which I'm looking forward to using once I finish off one of my journal notebooks.


Went into the Daiso near me a few weekends ago and there was a few new things. I only ended up getting this stamp set and kawaii stickers. Haven't tried out the stamp set yet however it looks promising. I need to get myself a stamp block from Kaisercraft as I don't have one yet and I have seen them in that shop. Luckily there is a store right by my work! Daiso has been lacklustre over the past year and their sticker section seems to just be the same simple stuff. I remember when the store first opened in my city and I got so many cute animal ones. I also follow a lot of Japanese journal artists who post their Daiso hauls and I'm sad we never get any of the cute stickers you can buy in Japan. The random Office Labels sticky notes where from Big W as I thought they looked nice. I went in there to buy a cold drink as it was closer than Woolworths and picked them up randomly.


Decided to finally buy a Kobo e-reader after pondering over it for ages. I already have a Kindle which I love to pieces and was thinking of getting the Kobo to use the Overdrive library services on. I was previously reading library books on the Overdrive app through my phone however it is a nicer reading experience on the Kobo. I had a gift voucher from my birthday/Christmas last year so that helped cover most of the cost. I got the Clara HD model and loving so far! Very similar to the Kindle and this one I can easily put it in my bag and take with me.

Music

No real stand outs for music this month as I need to change the music over on the USB I used in my car. It finally ran through the over 12,000 songs I had on there and now I'm just angrily listening to the shuffle mode. Sometimes I think of a certain song I'm dying to hear and the shuffle is always playing the bad songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment