Saturday 4 September 2021

MyNintendo Merch!

Does anyone else remember Club Nintendo? It was that old point system Nintendo had ages ago which made you hoard up those little red cards from games and redeem the codes for points for sweet merch. I got some cool stuff from that old club such as a Pikmin bag and a Mario memory challenge game. Well Club Nintendo was discontinued years ago and the replacement for it is MyNintendo. I had been saving up points on my account all year to redeem for some merch and it arrived recently so let's take a look!

The main reason I was saving up points was for this Pikmin bag. I love my calico bag from the old Club Nintendo as it is super durable and quite stylish. Nintendo has done away with the fabric style bags and gone for a more environmentally friendly polyester/rubber material bag. The best thing about this bag compared to the old one is that it folds down super small! It's always a pain trying to carry a shopping bag in a small bag so I was over the moon to discover this was super tiny and I got fit it in my main handbag. For those not aware, the part of Australia that I live in has banned plastic bags so when you go to the shop it's recommended to bring your own reusable bag. Shops still have bio-degradable bags but you have to pay for them. My car is literally only filled with calico bags as I've gained quite a collection over time. Then I always forget to put one in my work bag when I actually need one :P

I cannot get over how adorable this Pikmin design is! It's too cute for words! I love the colour scheme and little character designs on the sides of the bag. The bag looks durable so it should last for a long time (the recommended maximum weight is 7kg). I can see myself getting a fair bit of use from this bag and taking the Pikmin along with me for a shopping adventure!

The next bag I got from MyNintendo is this Dodo Airlines design from Animal Crossing: New Horizons. This was the first thing I saw on the points store when someone posted about it in our Nintendo group. I thought it was super unique and a more interesting Animal Crossing design compared to the usual logo things. Don't get me wrong, I would love a bag just like that on the points store as well! But this Dodo Airlines bag just screams 'Are you ready for a water landing?!?!' haha. The blue, white and yellow colour scheme is lovely and this bag is a nice contrast to the cute Pikmin one.


The MyNintendo shop allows a maximum of three point redemption items per transaction. Originally I was only wanting the Pikmin and Animal Crossing ones, but I thought since I was paying teh shipping fee I might as well save up for another item. This gorgeous Yoshi pencil case wasn't worth much points wise so it didn't take long to save up. Can always do with another pencil case as I use them to store sewing and craft supplies. It's made from a canvas style material and is very sturdy.

The Australian MyNintendo store has some good rewards and I know a few people who've gotten a fair amount of items off the store. Honestly the stock isn't as good as the old Club Nintendo which was very unique with items such as game accessories and board/card games. Here's some photos of the items available on the Australian store and they just added the Lego keychain which I think looks hilarious. There's a Luigi one too that you can get through the Lego store. I researched items from other regions and of course Japan has the best rewards. Like actual tote bags! How I would've loved them but at least the ones I got fit in my purse!



No comments:

Post a Comment