Thursday 30 January 2020

myB 2nd Single 또또 DDO DDO - Single Review

Time for a nugu group review on Marzipan Wonderland as nugu groups don't get enough notice and usually end up disbanding. Case in point today's group which is myB which is of course disbanded now after only releasing two singles. A while back I picked up a copy of their 2nd single 또또 DDO DDO so that's what I'll be reviewing today!


또또 DDO DDO is the second single from the K-Pop group myB who were under Maroo Entertainment. Originally debuting as a five member, the company added a sixth member for this release. 또또 DDO DDO was released in November 2015 and came in one version. The single comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 4 track single
  • Photobook

The design of 또또 DDO DDO is very colourful and has a Lego/brick concept for the single. The front cover has the six members in colourful outfits posing in a circle arrangement and the back cover is kept simple with the group logo and track listing. All the usual production credit stuff is listed on the back as well as links to the group's Facebook and Fancafe. The track listing is shown again on the interior but as cute Lego blocks with the Hangul written on them.






The CD placement in the single is one of those strange fold out ones that I never understand. However it fits the concept design of the 또또 DDO DDO single quite well as it feels like an instructional manual or something. I personally am not a fan of this holder style as it can damage the CD surface quite easy or the CD will just fall out all the time. My CD was all good though and played fine in my disc drive on the computer.



Onto the photobook now and for a nugu group, the photobook is great! You get a range of photos of all the members and the outfits match the aesthetics of the single. There are two outfit sets featured and each member gets two pages in each outfit set. There is also a group shoot towards to end of the photobook. Excuse any out of focus photos, I took these ages ago on my old camera whereas I usually take photos on my phone nowadays. Song lyrics and production credits are listed on the last few pages of the photobook. 또또 DDO DDO does not include any photocards and I believe their first single doesn't either.

















Being a single, this release only contains two songs: the title track 또또 DDO DDO and the b-side D-DAY. The accompany instrumentals are also featured bringing the total number of tracks on the single to four. The title track is one that I quite enjoy and it's a fun upbeat song to listen too. The placement of the rap in the song is nice and the chorus is catchy. D-DAY brings the mood down a little from 또또 DDO DDO and is pleasant to listen to. It has a light pop feel to it and reminds me of like 2013-2015 in K-Pop to me and I like those simple pop style songs. At least it wasn't a ballad and the song really fits the energetic feel of the single. Such a shame the group didn't have the chance to showcase their talents after this single because I would've loved to hear more songs from them.

The track listing of the 2nd Single 또또 DDO DDO includes:
  1. 또또 DDO DDO
  2. D-DAY
  3. 또또 DDO DDO (Instrumental)
  4. D-DAY (Instrumental)


I can't even recall when myB disbanded but their company did debut a new girl group a while ago called BonusBaby and some of the myB members ended up in that. But this group is currently inactive/indefinite hiatus so yeah, their company ain't too good at managing girl groups. Some myB members are in a group called 홀리데이 Ho1iday which I have yet to check out! Hope you enjoyed this review and don't forget to check out their MV for 또또 DDO DDO! The girls are super energetic and I wish we could get more dynamic dances in K-Pop. That's one reason why I like E-girls so much is the dancing is top notch and the members aren't afraid to try new moves for songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment