Tuesday 30 April 2024

Style Boutique 2: All Caprice Chalet Rooms

It is the end of an era with the online features for the Nintendo 3DS being shut off by Nintendo a few weeks ago. Crazy to think how much I sunk into using the online modes in the Style Boutique games and all the posts I made on the blog regarding Caprice Chalet and Shopdo. I went back through my post history and I posted 17 room updates which is a decent number! I used to spend a lot of time downloading rooms to obtain items I didn't have. Like hours entering the room codes and cross checking guides to make sure I had every single item.

Since the room sharing feature is now turned off, I though it would be fun to post all the Caprice Chalet rooms I had created in the game. These are all rooms that I had put together and not every single one was featured in online. Some were ones that I created for guides back when I used to do those for another blog. Excuse any terrible quality photos as there was a brief period where I ran the image through photoshop thinking it made it look better when it only made it worst. Honestly I am the worst person with graphic design things and have zero skills.

Let's start off with two cute animal themed room! I always love putting the little dog miniatures down in rooms and it was an easy way to fill space. The first room has the perfect name of Bird Cage as it is literally the bird item placed four times. I was really trying to fill some quota there. The dog room was similar to a loft room but I had to figure out how many dogs made it a dog room. Seems like it is the number three!



Onto a bunch of bedrooms and this was the most common room I would encounter online and through streetpassing. No idea why, like was it an easy room to set up with the starter items and you didn't have to be too creative. I've seen some pretty crazy looking rooms of all colour and pattern schemes over the years. All the bedrooms tend to look the same as there isn't a large amount of bed themed items to choose from. I've literally only used two beds in these rooms! Girly bedroom is nearly identical apart from a few items.






Boutiques was my largest category of rooms that I would design and I found these enjoyable as you could make them different themes. As the game has a wide range of clothing miniatures, you could make so many different boutiques and rarely use the same miniatures. Compared to New Style Boutique 3, I preferred designing boutiques in the Caprice Chalet as you could place the counter wherever you wanted. It look so much better placed anywhere but in the left hand corner. My favourite boutique out of this selection would be the PopPop Boutique as it is so unique and was quite popular whenever I had it online.














Cafes were another popular room type I would see online and they were easy to set up. I loved using all the food miniatures as well and they look so tasty! From these three images, you can tell I wasn't too imaginative with my room designs as I used the same wallpapers quite often. Cafes honestly just looked better with this brick look plus I think the only cafe furniture was wooden and would've looked out of place with other styles.




Florist style rooms weren't one of my favourites but NPC's seemed to like them. I would always find someone hanging out in one of the them if I had it in the dollhouse. A pretty easy room to set up as you only need some surfaces and then chuck plants all over them. Add a cash register to classify it as a shop and done!



The next set of rooms are random ones that didn't fit perfectly into other categories. Most of these were done for guide purposes or to try out a new look. The fortune teller ones are super easy as you put a crystal ball in a room that usually has a gothic theme. Next we have some kitchen or dining themed rooms I made and these usually ended up being quite colourful as the counters were always some crazy colour scheme. Reminds me of the counters you could get in early The Sims games that were like lime green or bright yellow. I would always put those in my houses especially in the corner. After that is a cute loft hall I made and this is one of my favourites as it is so simple yet fits the purpose perfectly.








This Animal Crossing themed room is quite basic and that was because I uploaded it online for another player to obtain the items. But then it turned out that the DLC has been removed and you could no longer get it. Apologies to that person and it sucked that Nintendo removed the DLC years before shutting the actual online part down. The next selection of rooms are boring themes that I don't care too much for. It's your basic photo studio and performance stage. I do like the Japanese room I designed and always found this large round storage item interesting. Like it is so big and I rarely could find the ideal space for it.





Nothing fancy going on in this luxury room besides being very classy. The office space was another favourite as I spent time on making it look like a typical office. The photocopier is the best item in the room and only thing that really showcases it as a work space really. Garden party is one that I don't really remember it and I must've only made it for a purpose room. I read somewhere you could get a outdoor themed room and this was my result. The Christmas space is always a classic and I would uploaded it every holiday season. Style Boutique always had the best Christmas themed items and it was cute receiving them from characters.





Couldn't have a Style Boutique game without a salon room and I found three images of rooms I created. I feel they often look similar as there are not too many beautician themed miniatures. When making new rooms, I would try to place items in different places and I think the mirrors place on the side and along the back wall both look amazing.





Last set of rooms are some sewing themed rooms and I created three different themed rooms. The first has a classic and chic feel to it and suits brands like Chorale or Enid Chen. Next we have a bright neon themed room that just screams Retrobeat or April Bonbon. Always a favourite of mine and I love how many clothing displays I manged to fit in here. Lastly we have a cute themed room that is a mix between Marble Lily and Chorale. I went with soft tones for this room and I would love to have a sewing space as adorable as this.



That is all for my New Style Boutique 2 Caprice Chalet rooms and I guess it is kind of the ending of my rooms content. Like I feel like I've done everything and have no more ideas for rooms. Maybe it is the retirement of this blog topic which is good as I have other games to focus on. It was a fun time and I hope you like playing the room designing and sharing feature in Style Boutique as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment